Thread: is changing tanks simple?

is changing tanks simple?

i just got my kfx back from the shop from the gas tank recall and it wasnt even their for a full day (about 22 hrs) and i was just for future reference wondering what all goes into switching tanks? is it like changing any other one or is there electrical matters involved like programming switching pumps and stuff like that.
    KFX 450- prm, 15t, fasstco inserts. proarmor, tag, knarlys

i would imagine almost like any other tank plus or minus a few things

but i could be wrong
    250R - LRD, Renthals, IMS, Graydon, Douglas, Lonestar, One, etc.
    300ex - Curtis Sparks, Tag, Clarke, Renthal, ITP, Kenda, Champion, PEP, Douglas, Laeger, K&N, etc.

it is really easy. You just have to disconnect the wire harness that goes to the switch to tell the pump to purge and also the low fuel light setup. It took me about fifteen minutes in total to get it off when I put in my cam

my copy of the work order showed .8 hours so that is what Kawi is paying for. Like others stated just take the front plastic off, a few bolts and plugs and your done

Dude I took mine off in like 15 minutes. Disconnect the fuel line, the wires to the harness, and unscrew the back two bolts of the gas tank and pop it off. I did this when I had changed the spark plug. I personally really like how the fuel tank has the fuel quick disconnetc, it reminded me of when I had my ninja 636. The cool thing is when I disconnected it, I though fuel would just poor out but it didn't.

It took them about a 10 days to:

• Order a new tank
    • Get it shipped there
    • And install it

Consider yourself lucky!
    2008 white/black KFX450
    DASA pipe, FuelATV airbox intake, PCIII, KX cams, ported head, AC Blackline nerfs, ΒΌ" PRM swingarm skid, Modquad billet case saver, PIAA H6M lights, 15t front sprocket, PB block-off, Spider grips, new fuel tank

2001 Yellow 400EX
    White Brothers S-Bend, AC Pro Pegs, Tag X5 handlebars, Armadillo swingarm skid, K&N filter w/Outerwears, computer fans, Cobra bumper, Kenda Klaw XCs, 155 main jet, a few graphics, red Shockwears, red anodized Trixx PB block-off, RTC clutch/brake levers, Primary Drive sprockets & X-ring chain, red LED underbody lights, Tinner scoops, PIAA H6M lights, Turbo Paddles on Douglas .125s for dunes, and Brite helps keep her pretty.

AOL Messenger is SandDuner400EX
    Yahoo Messenger is whitebrothershonda400ex

my dealer took three days to get it and dropped it off wednesday night and picked it back up on thursday. They did my gas tank and subframe all at one time with no problems.