Thread: What to do with my carb?

What to do with my carb?

I have a yamaha blaster and I am wondering what I should do about a carburetor. Should I get a bigger carb for it or just jet my old one? Here is what I have done to it: FMF fatty exhaust, FMF powercore 2 silencer, UNI filter, power reeds, and bored .60 over with a Wiseco piston.

with your mods you really dont need one if you were planning on doing some porting, big bore i would go to like 34mm carb, with what you have like i said the stock carb will be ok you could go to like a 28/30mm that would be good, a 34mm on a fairly stock motor like you have would be to big

i was wondering the same as speed junkie lol i have the same mods except mine is a 240.

for the 240 i would do a 34mm carb but anything less than that or a good port job is just a waste

a good 30mm would help. i felt a big difference when i switched.
    White 06 YFZ Full HMF

2000 Yamaha Blaster
    LRD, UNI, Carbon tech, RAZR, DG, Durablue, twin row carrier,30mm oko, reed spacer, injecter block off....

Stock 1987 250x

I ran a like 42 or soemthing a long time ago and it was a beast, then it messed up and i got a 38mm and they are just as good.
    2002 Honda 440ex

Mods: 06 plastic, Noleen HVO exhaust, 440 big bore kit, Hotcams Stage 2, JE 13:1 High Preformance Piston, New valves and Springs, Freshly Rebuilt Carb, +1 A-arms, Stock axle with +4" spacers, aluminum air box, custom air box lid, Razr's on front, Kenda in back, Pro Armor Nerfs, Fly handle Bars, Oura Grips, New Black honda seat, Fresh Black Powder Coating all around, Air Scoops, K&N Filter with Sleeve, Aftermarket metal Thumb Throttle, and alot more but cant think of it.

2008 Yamaha Grizzly 660

Mods: 27in ITP Mudlites, 1000 pound warn winch, and um.. well stock pretty much...