Thread: Kfx700 running like crap

Kfx700 running like crap

I have had this since october of last year and recently the power on top end is not there and it sputters at full throttle . I run VP 101 in it and until recently it ran fine . At slower speeds it is smooth running until I get on it . The problem started when it got over 100 degrees here in Phoenix . I ride it about twice a week for a half hour or so on the street and I am wondering if it could be the fuel going bad . Any opinions ?

The quad has a pro circuit exhaust and has been rejetted .

check that both chokes are fully open
    Clark

Well clark you are right . I opened the airbox this morning afterr a full power run at 70 degrees and it was worse than when I ran it at 100 degrees last week . Started to tear into it to rejet and this is what I found when the filter came off . I am thinking what a idiot I left the choke closed then when I looked at the choke lever it was open but the chokes were closed . Looks like a run to the dealer in the morning .
    Attached Images Attached Images

just looked at your pict. those are the carb slides, the choke butterflies are under them.
    Clark

Running too rich?
    Rhino SE 660 LT

D7 727r Turbo

LT 50

I believe loose battery cables were the cause . I found them last week when it would not start and once tightened the problem is gone . Back to full power .