Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alberta sand dunes???

Question Alberta sand dunes???

Are there any sand dunes in Alberta or western Canada that allow ATV riding?? Every one I find is protected, do I have to do a road trip to the USA??, Oregon or Idaho are 12 to 15 hours away, so it would be nice to find something closer to home
    2002 400 EX,White Bros E-Series Slip-on, 22" Maxxis All-Trac,SunStar 14 t sprocket, K&N Filter,Outerwears, 8-1" Holes, Brake blockoff,
    AC Propegs,Renthal bars, 0w40 AMSOIL

I saw this in a cartoon once and I think it will work.

Brule Lake, Just outside Hinton, I was there on the last long weekend, excellent riding.

Brule lake, thats close enough, what type of dune riding is there?
    Is it trails or big hills or riding along the lakes edge?. I take it there are no riding restrictions out that way. What are the directions from Hinton to get to the lake? Thanks biglazyass!!!
    Last edited by Alberta EX; 10-27-2001 at 05:15 PM.
    2002 400 EX,White Bros E-Series Slip-on, 22" Maxxis All-Trac,SunStar 14 t sprocket, K&N Filter,Outerwears, 8-1" Holes, Brake blockoff,
    AC Propegs,Renthal bars, 0w40 AMSOIL

I saw this in a cartoon once and I think it will work.

The only way I know is this, if you are going west through Hinton, Take your first right just past the Overlander Lodge, if thats familliar, and follow the road, it is a crappy road so you may want to park near the opening you will come too. The riding is some trail, and mostly dunes. It runs right along side the Athabasca River, nice scenery and lots of challenging hills.

So I guess the best time to go would be in the summer or fall when the river is low or does it matter? And how far from town is it where you unload?

brule is a great place to ride, i was here last summer for a few days and had a great time

my ported blaster didnt have any problems with the hills tho, but there is one were guys on cr500s and **** couldnt make it up lol

yea i have heard brule is good and its not to far from spruce grove which is nice i will definetly be checking it out this summer...but i heard for some of the hills you need paddle tires??
    05 Red Honda 450R
    AC pro peg nerfs
    AC grab bar
    kenda geckos
    ITp black c-series
    yoshimura trc comp system
    K&N filter
    dyno jet.....

hey

don't worry bout a dune tire its makes it better with a dune tire ya... but u shouldn't need it me and my buddies went there last summer a couple times and only one of us had a dune tire and he was on a kx125. i was climbin the monster hill easy on my cr 250 with stock tire but if ya head out there this summer e-mail i'll maybe meet ya out there its only bout an hour from where i live. actually i have some pics of parts of the dunes if ne one is curious.not the best pics but oh well

Yea i heard you can do it without but i wouldn't mind throwing on some paddles to try them out... yea i have a couple buddies who went out there one on a cr250 and a kx250 said it was awesome so once my hockey season is over i will be going there...But if it works you can make it out there to would be good to have some friends who know there way around.
    05 Red Honda 450R
    AC pro peg nerfs
    AC grab bar
    kenda geckos
    ITp black c-series
    yoshimura trc comp system
    K&N filter
    dyno jet.....

ya for sure ... can't wait to take my new bike to the dunes this year

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast