Thread: rear sprocket

Question rear sprocket gear ratio to gain top end

what gear ratio should I run to get more top end on the rear sprocket.

14/38 for more top end

I put in a 13/41 and it seemed to lose all tork and top.

i think stock is 14/40 so you added a tooth to the back your supposed to drop it for more top end

stock is 13/40, to get top you go up in the front and down in the rear and the opposite for acceleration, 1 tooth in the front(either up or down) is the same as 3.5 teeth in the rear. what mods do you have? i would go up a little in the rear depending on you mods messing with the front is to drastic it changes drematically, with the front(unless your blaster is built) if you add a tooth you will gain loads of top but lose all your acceleration and visa versa, i geared mine in the front for acceleration and it ripped off the line i could do like 4 gear wheelies but it would hit top and it was felt like just taking away sixth gear i was doing like 40mph it sucked

I have vitos 240 kit, ported & polished, VForce 3 reeds & a 34 mm carb.

Originally posted by seth65
    I have vitos 240 kit, ported & polished, VForce 3 reeds & a 34 mm carb.
    O i thought you were stock it could definitally handle 14/40 gears that is what i have heard is a very popular gearing with your mods you could also try 15/40 gears, i dont want to start an argument with everyone because i have had this argument with many other people stock topend of a blaster with 13/40 gears is about 50-55mph with 14/40 you would probrably be about 65 in top and would still have plenty of acceleration