Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: beware of ****-tech jacksonville il

Well i was going to stay out of this but I just got a phone call accusing me of spreading bad word about M-AUL tech on Atvriders.com and District 18 forums. I even got threatened by one of M-aul's friends.

Let me first say M-aul is a nice guy, and he will try to help you out. But, he has no idea what he is doing when it comes to running a buisness.

My tranny went out in my honda, he was nice enough to tell me everything wrong with it and quoted me to fix it at $600. Once it was all said and done I believe he charged me double. It was well over $1000. Soon after, i had been running it maybe 3-4 months i had some pretty wicked noises from my tranny.

Second expierence with him I called him to see if he had hiper rings. He said he had them on the shelves, and i told him i was on my way to pick them up. Also, let me say i live 2 hours away from him. So i get there and to my surprise, he doesnt have the front rings. He told me he had just sold them, now i dont know if he meant a couple days ago or right before i got there but either way i was not happy. He then said oh, well i will drop ship them to your house. I figured that was fine untill he made me cover full shipping costs also, which i think he should correct his mistake and pay for shipping.

Another expierence. He serviced my Elka LT shocks. I ran them for a couple months, they were so stiff i could stand on my bumper and the front end would not move. SO i finally took them to Seth Fligge to get them fixed, when i found out there that M-aul put the rear bumpstops on the front causing me to lose 1/2" of travel. He also forgot to put some shims and o-rings back in.

Then at another point in time he included a couple videos and a calendar in one of my packages. I figured well thats ncie of him to give me a gift because i only asked for ONE DVD. So he eventually tried to charge me $90 for the DVD's he sent. I never paid untill he got Lawyer's on me trying to get me to court. He also called and said he would send a Sherriff To my home. So i decided i would just pay him and get it over with. One of his friends, like i said, called me in regards to this post. Andy told him i STILL have not payed him the $90 from nearly 2 years ago.

Like i said i didnt want to post in here but i was getting phone calls on my cell phone and house phone being accused of stating bad facts about his company. Plus i had threats coming from one of his friends.

the correct term is "Liable" not slander, and it sounds like bracey has a pretty clear case of stating his side of the story.

as far as threats, maybe this further adds to the type of business being run. who supports you and the manner in which they support you reflects on YOU.

and if you think a court wont take into consideration the fact that he gave company a the chance to rectify the situation prior to going to company b then you are mistaken. and with evidence to support work preformed to correct company A's shortcomings, winning wouldnt take to much....wether its worth it is another story.
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Hello everyone. I'm here putting my 2 cents

I have purchased parts from andy **** for several years now and never had any problem with any transactions. I purchased a set of Custom Axis long travel shocks off ebay. I wanted to put them on my 440ex with houser a arms. I took the shocks to **** and, after taking measurements on the shocks, **** informed me that my extended length was too long. After a call to Custom Axis, we found out the shocks were off a 250R with roll a-arms. Andy corrected the shocks and and sold me a GT thunder linkage and revalve. The bike handled great! After one more valving change it got even better. It was by far the best cornering quad I ever had. After I sold the bike, it was purchased by kyle and cody kropp who both went on to win several races on the bike.

My second story is when I had a my LSR CRF450. I was at a local race one sunday. During my second moto I had a problem with my rear shock. When I made it back to the pits I discovered the shock was stuck in the compressed position. **** helped me take the shock off at the track and took it home with him. **** disassembled the shock and saw that the rubber in the seal head came apart and all the chunks were in the valving stack. I wanted to run the following weekend but parts were not going to be in. **** got me going with some parts out of a spare 400ex shock he had to get me by until the parts came in.

I have bought parts from **** for a while now and with every purchase I have received a detailed invoice with all the parts purchased and a detailed description of labor. I spend a lot of time on the internet and other mail order catalogs looking for the best deals; sometimes **** is cheaper, sometimes not. If I find something cheaper somewhere else, **** has tried to look for a different dealer to find a better price or sometimes sold me parts at a discounted price. **** has also held checks for me so I could get the parts I needed but needed a week or 2 to pay for.

I have gone to andy ****'s since he first started. I've done business with and spent a lot of time with him at the track and now consider him a close friend. I think he is a good person and has no intentions of doing anything shady to anyone. I have been 100% satisfied with the business I've done with him. Now I understand when you own a business you are not going to make everone happy and some people cannot be made happy no matter what you do. I know my story doesn't really have any relevance to the matter at hand, but I just wanted to let people know about the experiences I've had with andy **** and would highly recommend him to anyone.

Thank You
    Jerrod Staake
    #713 Quad A

iam sure that their more good stories then bad. But as far as buying shocks from andy anybody can call any company and tell them what a-arms and what quad it is and all the other stuff that they will ask you and everthing will go smooth but the problem that i have is i takes a good man to keep his word and stand beheind his work be that good or bad i have had other small bad service from andy and have took it on the chin but i have to draw the line somewhere and thats what i have done enough is enough and iam not asking for all of the bad work that i have had in the past just the 400ex axis that i was without forever and went threw h#ll. I myself also own a small buisness that i have own and operated for over 10 years and if i wasnt a man of my word then i would not still be their. All i know that a buisness is built 1 customer at a time and can be destroyed 1 customer at a time. Sooner or later it will catch up will you sometimes you got to give a little bit to get a little bit

Andy has never done me wrong. He sold me an HD cam chain and spent half an hour on the phone with me walking me through installing it. He offered to let me pay him payments on the work i wanted to have done. While I never did buy anything else from him, he was always straight forward and honest with me. With your particular deal, I can understand you being upset, but i would have NEVER taken it somewhere else without having him redo it again. As soon as I got the quad back and it wasnt right, i would have taken it straight back to him. I'm sure he would have fixed it at no charge, or atleast no labor costs.
    2003 Honda 416ex
    JE, Hotcams, K&N, Roll Design, Pro Taper, White Bros, AC, FullBore! Etc.

Two fellers were pissin off a bridge. One says it cold, the other says it's deep.

Uhhh huhhhhhhhh
    04 Camo Suzuki Vinson

by the way i took..andy . m a u l ...to small claims court he settled out of court and paid me what should of in the first place

Nicely done.
    2001 400ex
    2003 Argo Bigfoot

thanks........ but i should'nt had to do it that way .....but somtimes people make things tough ...even when they are wrong

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123