Thread: Kids had first race

Talking Kids had first race

Wow, this stuff is fun. Cassidy and Zachary had their first race this weekend at Glen Helen on the Pee Wee track.

The 50stock class (Zachary's) had 8 riders. I could tell he was nervous and after getting off to a bad start he ended up finishing 5th in the first moto. In the second moto he got out of the gates in 4th and after 2 laps he was making a pass on the inside of the 3rd place rider and the rider turned into him pinning Zacharys left wrist between the handle bars. H e pulled off after almost rolling it. I attended to him and after a minute he went back out, ran his booty off finishing 7th and 7th overall. He was disappointed because he knew he was better than that. I told him there will be many more races.

Moto 1 of Cassidy's class consisted of 3 90's and one 70. Cassidy ran very good for her first time. She was running in 3rd overal and second for her class until she ran out of gas ( she has the worst crew chief) finished last. Between motos I fueled it up and off she went on Moto 2. She had a bad start and ran in 4th for the first few laps but would eventually pass the 3rd place person on the woops and didn't look back. She took 2nd for her class. The kid that took first should not have been on the pee wee track ( he was good). Although, it was nice to have him out there to show what can be done with experience.

After the races were over I grabbed each of them off their quads and gave them bear hugs. I am so proud of them.
    Sorry this is soo long. I am sure you all felt this way when it was your kids' first race probably every race. We on this board seem to care more about having fun than winning. I like that.

The DRR's ran great for stock.
    Raptor 250
    Zachary #80Y

2006 TRX 450ER

911 Motorsports
    GoPro
    DWT
    Oneal MX
    Vertex Pistons

No one was hurt, bikes still in tact....sounds like a great day to me!
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Congrats on a safe and fun day with the family..

Even for the experienced crew things go wrong.....

Keep us posted next time they hit the track!!
    G-Force Powersports

OEM & Aftermarket Parts
    DRR/Apex Authorized Dealer

Shop Online 24 Hrs a Day!!
    www.g-forcepowersports.com

TEAM G-FORCE---Join Today!!
    www.gforceriders.com

gforceatvs@gmail.com

2011 Team Product
    Mach 1 R/T Exhausts

If anybody gets bored here are the videos from the races. My 14 yr old daughter was the camerawoman so excuse the fluttering. First is Zachary's race second is Cassidy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvUQ69ufWks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKSYcf0Po0Y
    Raptor 250
    Zachary #80Y

2006 TRX 450ER

911 Motorsports
    GoPro
    DWT
    Oneal MX
    Vertex Pistons

That is AWESOME!!
    BIG Congrats from us !
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

now that is a picture of two happy and proud kids , and that is what its all about ,memories I will bet everyone can't wait to get back to the track including dad. thanks for sharing the story with us .
    drr wizard

Great to hear of that exciting day. No matter what place you come in aslong as you have a safe fun time its a good day at the track.
    Special thanks to 11-12 Sponsors

East Coast Performance

Congratulations to all of you