Thread: What Would Happen???

What Would Happen???

What would happeen if I took my silencer off and just ran the headpipe?? I do not care how loud it is. Just wanted to know if it would hurt anything.
    '00 400ex Black Shockwears AC Pro Peg Nerfs Nac's head light guards K&N filter
    John.S.

it would be way lean

KA BAMMMMMMM!

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    i don't think it would have any power at all bc don't u need back pressure or sumtin and the pipe makes this. and it would run lean too.
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

I read in Dirtwheels magazine You would burn up the valves?!?!???????!!!!!!!!!
    Nate, 1987 250R
    Need an '86-'87 stock swing arm. Reckless@drenthe.net

my friends little brother hs a TRX70 and the exhaust fell off and it sounds like a piped 300EX
    Max
    2000 400EX
    FLY Billit Clutch Assembly, Black Pro Design Kill Switch, AC pro Peg Nerfs with Black Nets, AC Racing Mudscreen Bumper, LSR E-Brake Block Off, White Bro's Sintered Brake Pads, Razr Rear 4-Ply's, Talon 14 tooth, No Air-Box Lid, Pre-Filter, Spray Paint Lid Snorkle Block Off, Hetrick Full Racing Exhaust, No Choke, 165 Main, 45 Pilot, Lowered needle 1 clip(100 Ft Elevation)

My Site

talk to me on AOL IM: maxt 45

one day i was riding my ole zuki quadsport and the silencer fell off so i just kept riding.......anyway it was lean on the pilot jet but after that the sob flat out flew i mean it had some tire spinning power

You would burn your valves up even taking out your spark arrester will do this as well.

I havent heard anything about burning up valves, but I am sure that has everything to do with jetting and nothing to do with the fact that you dont have a scilencer. 400ex21 is exactly right, you would have no backpressure (well, a little, but not much), causing it to have no low end power. Once you opened it up, it would be pretty thrilling, if you could hear enugh to enjoy it. I dont suggest it becuase that is how riding areas get closed. I dont suggest getting anything as loud as the stocker with no s/a in it.
    -Jeff

"yeah! i know what you mean...i was what 5 and a half maybe it was Japan right before 3 times and I was still excited but thats ok it didnt hurt so we just spent the night later i'll finish the lawn dude" -JabberJaw