Thread: Drag Racing

Drag Racing

Whats the best way to drag race, any special tricks or anything to help u get ahead of the other guy off the line
    2004 400ex, the stock tires still have the little rubber things on them from the mold, its mint condition, k&n air filter, RMStator CDI, OMF air scoops, DynoJet Jet kit, 450r carb, Fly red annodized handlebars, scott grips to match, custom heatshield and front sprocket gaurd, moded stock exhaust.

depends on what you are racing on sand, asphalt, etc...

in sand i start in 2nd gear and rev wide open and dump the clutch... don't be afraid to rev it up! lol
    2002 426EX

Wiesco 426 11:1 piston, Stage II cam, Curtis Sparks X-6, Big Gun rev box, port and polished heads, K&N, UM oversized Oil tank, air scoops, Jet-kit, Razrs all around, AC Pro-Pegs, RTC levers, ITP rims, TAG T2 fat bars, custom blue frame, white FullBore plastics, OHLINS triple rate shocks, Tag black bumper, billet gas cap,

450R carb in the works!!

2003 Z-71
    AEM Intake, Straight Pipes, performance ECU, Vizualogic Dvd w/ headrest monitors, kenwood in-dash dvd, Image dynamic 10's, ARC Audio 900w amp, PIAA's everywhere, Trenz billet grille & bowtie, Python Alarm/Remote Start, AAL, torsion keys, 315/75/16 MTZ's, 5% tint

in sand at the dunes, i have sand skate II tires and idk if i like them to much friends i race against have straight fins and one of them has haulers
    2004 400ex, the stock tires still have the little rubber things on them from the mold, its mint condition, k&n air filter, RMStator CDI, OMF air scoops, DynoJet Jet kit, 450r carb, Fly red annodized handlebars, scott grips to match, custom heatshield and front sprocket gaurd, moded stock exhaust.

I've noticed when you rev it all the way up and dump the clutch it wants to spin to much. I rev it smooth up to the rev limiter, and my clutch damn near fixing to engage. Just to where its tryin to move. I guess its kinna like feathering it. Much better launches then totally dumping the clutch and spinning the **** out of em.And try different gears doing it this way it might work better for you. My buddies 400ex starts out better in 1st gear with me on it. I'm 225lbs though. You still dump the clutch but not from full disengage.

Originally posted by rooster300ex
    I've noticed when you rev it all the way up and dump the clutch it wants to spin to much. I rev it smooth up to the rev limiter, and my clutch damn near fixing to engage. Just to where its tryin to move. I guess its kinna like feathering it. Much better launches then totally dumping the clutch and spinning the **** out of em..
    yep....
    06 YFZ450
    1988 TRX 250R
    2001 XR 50
    1984 Honda 200S
    1776 Turbo Sandrail

I do exactily the same way EX stud does and i get off the line pretty amazingly fast i am usually the first off the line too
    My 08 450er:
    Full System Rossier
    Rossier Jets
    K And N

My EXFOR SALE)
    Maier Racecut white plastic
    TAG Handelbars
    Black Hipers
    Spider Grips
    Stage 3 Hotcam
    Wiseco 11:1 Pistons
    Full system yoshi
    White Bros Brake Block off
    Blingstar black front bumper
    Uni air filter
    K&N precharcher air lid
    Dynojet jets
    trailtech headlights
    tusk gas cap- black
    +4 inch RPM Dominator Axle
    Big Gun Ignition Box
    Front and Rear Durablue Lowering kit
    All around Hoosiers

if u would wanna know bout that drag racing ask mac_ando he drags and he sure seems that he knows wat hes talkin bout with drag racing

try dumping it on the last yellow and you should get a good reaction time. practice that

take off as much $H1T as you can keeping the bike to still run, plastics, fan, battery, front brake assembly, all lights, air box, go on a diet, i think like every 10 lbs on a 450 is a hp. launch in 2nd, nail your shifts whith out letting off gas, slap shift if its fast for you, keep your wait on the front when launching and slide to the rear for traction, theres many tricks, keep the handle bars straight as possible, try to keep the bike from wheeling, short'n your axle,
    2006 Banshee - Graphics Kit, boost bottle, k&n filter, FmF Fatty Pipes & Silencers, billet .15/40 gearing (5.44 in 300ft. sand Drags