Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanting Blaster?

Wanting Blaster?

Hey all you Blaster owners. I'm thinking about getting a Blaster. Has your luck with a 2 stroke bike been good. I've heard their not as reliable as 4 strokes but what is your opinion. I have an 05 400ex and just dercided I want a blaster. I was looking at an 03 blaster the other day going for 1600. Is that a pretty good price. It had less than 60 hrs on it. Just want your guys opinion.

keep the 400ex 2strokes are way more problems than they are worth

^^true^^ but they sure are fun. But you cant go wrong with your 400ex. Get a cheap one like a late 90's and then put like a pipe silencer and filter and jet kit and your good!
    2007 CRF450R
    Pro Taper evos, renthal sprockets, renthal chain

87 250x
    HMF, PRM, MAXXIS, RENTHAL, DID, PRO TAPER, ITP.....

i have both the 400ex and a blaster. the blaster is MUCH more fun to ride in every way. the only thing the 400 has on it is a softer ride.

as far as reliability goes, i havent had 1 problem with my blaster yet. as long as you take care of it and keep up with the routine matinenance it will be just as reliable as the 400. although it may now be as fast on the top end as the 400, its no slouch in the acceleration dept. it hangs right beside my 400 all the way to its top end. only then does the 400 leave it behind ( but not by much). mods in my sig.

nothing beats the fun factor of a nice 2-stroke. 400 is just another boring 4-stroke thats begging for an asswhoopin on the trails.
    2004 400EX in red, the faster color.
    2003 Blaster in black/red. VForce reeds, 14T front sprocket, FMF fatty pipe, Power core silencer, K&N filter.

Ive never had a problem with a blaster the only problems i have had are the ones i has caused myself hah

Originally posted by honda450rider33
    keep the 400ex 2strokes are way more problems than they are worth
    really? is that why the two stroke makes twice as much power as a four stroke? sure you have to re-ring them every winter(as long as you take care of it and keep up with routine maintenance) but you only have to do a full topend rebuild every other winter(once again as long as you keep up with routine maintenance). they are so simple to rebuild, and way cheaper also, its not even funny. you should rebuild a four stroke prolly every 3 years(being very generous) but it will take you about the same amount of time and money as those two re-ring jobs and the one full topend on the two stroke. now tell me it isnt worth it.
    '07 450ER:
    white brothers xc bumper, prm swinger skid, jetted, baffle removed

'98 Yamaha Blaster:
    Airsal firebreather 240 kit, Vitos 3mm stroker crank, Project blaster aluminum airbox, Project blaster intake, Keihin 35mm airstriker carb, Vitos timing degree key, Boyeson pro series reeds, F7 pipe and silencer, Uni air filter, Durablue +2 axle (stock now i broke it), Kenda Klaw rear tires, Douglas .190 rear wheels (now stock i bent them), oil injection block off kit, EBC heavy duty clutch kit, 13/38 gearing, billet clutch basket, lightened flywheel, Renthal works chain, Fly handlebars, Hellbound +3 swinger, nissin hydro brake kit, banshee front shocks (stock now i bent them) , works quadstar rear shock w/rezzie, DG National front bumper

coming soon:
    Maier race cut fenders
    Elka/Leager a arm and shock kit
    DG national series grab bar

dude i got a 04 for sale for 1800

i got an 04 for sale too, but i want at least 2000
    2000 400ex
    Durablue +2 axle, Lonestar Carrier, Moose Nerfs, Protaper Bars, 450r shocks, 450r brakes (steel braided lines) and spindles, Motion Pro throttle cable, HMF Exhaust, ProCom CDI, Curtis Sparks +6 degree key, DG Bumper, Douglas rear rims, K&N Air and Oil filter, Complete Skids, +1 stock steering stem, Kenda knarleys in the rear, Kenda klaws up front, Factory Effects gripper seat, UM air shrouds, Primary drive alloy sprockets and gold x-ring chain, lots of TLC.

Originally posted by blasterfreak99
    really? is that why the two stroke makes twice as much power as a four stroke? sure you have to re-ring them every winter(as long as you take care of it and keep up with routine maintenance) but you only have to do a full topend rebuild every other winter(once again as long as you keep up with routine maintenance). they are so simple to rebuild, and way cheaper also, its not even funny. you should rebuild a four stroke prolly every 3 years(being very generous) but it will take you about the same amount of time and money as those two re-ring jobs and the one full topend on the two stroke. now tell me it isnt worth it.
    they make twice as much power as a 4-stroke so a banshee makes about 38 hp and a 450 makes about 42 and 450-350(and the banshee is a twin cylinder) which is a 100cc diff. funny huh? i have argued this subject several times, dont get me wrong two strokes are fun to ride and have a feel like no other, the power cannot be replaced, and are easy to rebuild(which is funny my blaster is an 04, my dads banshee is an 04 and the banshee has had 1 topend, and my blaster has had 2. my moms 01 polaris trailboss has the same top end, same airfilter, same spark plug, since we bought it in 01 and runs better than both the blaster and the banshee) some people (you are a prime example) want two strokes to stay so bad that you make stupid arguments to defend them. two stokes are way more maintnence and way more expensive to maintain. a 4stroke you change the oil once a season, adjust the valves as necessary(450r nor the trail boss have ever had valve adjustments) and that is it. two strokes you are constanly rebuilding, replacing plugs, changeing jets, etc. so dont make your stupid senseless arguments when you have no idea what you are talking about!!!

Originally posted by honda450rider33
    they make twice as much power as a 4-stroke so a banshee makes about 38 hp and a 450 makes about 42 and 450-350(and the banshee is a twin cylinder) which is a 100cc diff. funny huh? i have argued this subject several times, dont get me wrong two strokes are fun to ride and have a feel like no other, the power cannot be replaced, and are easy to rebuild(which is funny my blaster is an 04, my dads banshee is an 04 and the banshee has had 1 topend, and my blaster has had 2. my moms 01 polaris trailboss has the same top end, same airfilter, same spark plug, since we bought it in 01 and runs better than both the blaster and the banshee) some people (you are a prime example) want two strokes to stay so bad that you make stupid arguments to defend them. two stokes are way more maintnence and way more expensive to maintain. a 4stroke you change the oil once a season, adjust the valves as necessary(450r nor the trail boss have ever had valve adjustments) and that is it. two strokes you are constanly rebuilding, replacing plugs, changeing jets, etc. so dont make your stupid senseless arguments when you have no idea what you are talking about!!!
    1.) he never said anything about banshees and 450's 2.) wut does ur moms trailboss running better than ur banshee and blaster have to do with anything in this thread 3.) i have a banshee and a 250r and last time i rebuilt the topend was when i first got them being 2 yrs ago. i changed the plugs a couple months ago. and i havent had to jet them since i got them and they still run like brand new so wut r u talkin about?
    2002 Banshee-boost bottle, K&N air filter, vforce reeds, itp h-d's on back

1988 250r-K&N air filter, fmf pipe, AC Racing nerfs

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast