Thread: FCR needle help

FCR needle help

I removed the top of my FCR carb and took I look because I wanted to adjust the needle, but I couldn't see how to get the needle out or anything. Can anyone explain this to me? Ussually after market carbs are easy to adjust the needle, I hope so on this one. Thanks to anyone that can help.:square
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

If it's a Keihin 39mm FCR carb, just remove the top cover and carefully grab onto the top of the needle with a pair of long needle-nose pliers...it should slide right out. Or you can disconnect both clamps from the carb and flip it upside down...the needle and clip should drop out.

lol, that easy? ok i'll open her up again, thanks
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

RE.FCR needle help

It`s under the allen screw,looking down in the middle of slide.I was not being a smart a**,when I told you to keep trying in the Dyno Run post.Your having jetting problems,I still think something is wrong.The only difference by your post is 10:1 440 kit ,I used a 11:1 drop in & I did different head work,everthing is the same.I hope you find the problem,because it should have more then you posted.GOOD LUCK

heh, I aint getting into that dyno.
    I just got that new carb, and its still getting tuned in. Theres no problem with the bike. Even with the main jet lean, and some midrange hesitation. I still had the fastest Ex at Silver Lake and in the top 6 of the fastest bikes there and it wasn't jetted right:blah and the Silver lake was packed.
    (when I say top 6 Im not including the 'unique' bikes with like 10k in mods, and there was about 4 of them there that weekend)
    Oh and when I was there 4th of july weekend without the FCR, but it was jetted right, there was 1 400ex that was right up there with me. He had a 426kit, cam, 39mm lectron carb, exhaust, and ten run paddles.
    The bikes that beat me last weekend were a DS650 with NOS?!, a tricked Banshee, and 250r, and this guy with a piped Raptor beat me a fewtimes but I beat him just as many. oh ya and a fuel injected banshee.