Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How powerful is it?

How powerful is it?

How much power does this quad really have?

I have seen dyno sheets but that doesn't mean anything without another quad on the same dyno.

Can it holeshot the other 450s?

How does the engine compare to a Honda 450R?

My current ride is a '99 400EX, 416 12.5:1 piston, XR400 Cam, K&N filter, No Airbox Lid, Hinson Billet Clutch Basket, Works Shocks, FMF Powercore 4 slip on, Factory Header, Ported Head, 15/38 Gearing.

Is the KFX450 going to accelerate noticeably faster then my EX?

I am wanting to buy a new quad by the 22 of this month. The KFX450 is currently my number 1 choice. I ride aggressively, mx, and woods with the occasional field riding.

Just not sure what to think of these, hear good things and bad things. I would like to know from the people that actually have one or have experience on one. I am more interested in the power they have as I think the handling will be excellent.

Thanks, I know thats alot of questions but I just would hate to spend $7500 and it end up being the same thing that I already have.

At both of our XC races so far this year, in the stock class, the first 2-3 in the holeshot has been the new Kawies easily, one was me taking it the last race. This quad will accelerate as fast or faster than the other 450's but will lose in a flat out drag race due to the gearing stock. This thing is awesome all around for any type of riding IMO. I would not trade it for anything.
    2008 KFX450R

WWW.IATVHSS.COM

I think you will notice a big difference in accel. over your Ex. I have seen a 400ex w/ mods the same as yours get beat by a KFX 450 in an 1/8th mile drag race.
    07 Blue Raptor 700
    Yoshimura Rs-7
    Pro Design Pro Flow w/ K&N
    Airbox Eliminated
    11:1 JE Piston
    Hotcams S2
    Dynojet PowerCommander III
    (Front) 21" Holeshot Xcr's
    (Back) 19" Mxr4's
    Itp C-Series Wheels
    Blue Tusk Nerfs
    15t Front Sprocket

Comin Soon- Elkas

Originally posted by Screven_Rida
    I think you will notice a big difference in accel. over your Ex. I have seen a 400ex w/ mods the same as yours get beat by a KFX 450 in an 1/8th mile drag race.
    My EX ran 7.9 @ 72mph in the 1/8th at at the Muncie Drag strip. It is a bit quicker than what most people give it credit, it will hang with 700 Raptors till 4th gear after that its not really a race.

I was thinking I would notice a difference when I rode two 07 Honda 450R's that it would just be totally different, fact is the two stock Honda 450R's I rode are the most disappointing machines I have ever rode, with regards to the engine. There was just a complete lack of power at all RPM. It felt like riding a stock 300EX with just a slight power boost on the top end of the rev range. I think it might have been just these two. Everyone I talk to that has one says they rip, and I have seen some modified ones that were definitely not weak.

I just don't want to spend all that money on something that won't impress me. I guess thats why there is an aftermarket. So how do these do with the basics? Full exhaust, intake, Power Commander? Also, what is the compression ratio?

Thanks

12:1 Don't know about modded cuz I race stock class, but I am sure they will really come alive once modded. You will not be disappointed.
    2008 KFX450R

WWW.IATVHSS.COM

i had a honda 400 ex with a wiseco 12.5:1 440 kit, stage 3 hot cams, edelbrock carb, kn, full hmf sport, nology coil enhancer, race gas. the kfx in stock form would smoke this thing, the power is great for trail and hill, i dont know about mx. i have an hmf slip on and doebock efi controller and now theres even more low end grunt. this is a great quad and i love my reverse. i practially gave my 440 away so i could get one, and i am not at all dissapointed
    sold honda 440
    08 kfx450 with pcIII and hmf black chrome slipon, and black ac pro peg nerf bars, fuelatv intake and filter, houser anti vibe stem and mounts, and hopefully an ims or rath bumper.

When in doubt, gas it!

My brothers KFX450R is fully stock and he has raced 700R, yfz, suzuki 450's, and he has always pulled the holeshot easily. I want one, but may wait to see how the new Can am and KTM's turn out.
    OXC#199

07 yfz450

wait and get the ktm or cam am
    Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from poor judgment.

05' YFZ450-Elka, Fasst, W.E.R., Curtis Sparks, Pro Armor, Champion, ASV, Pro Design, QuadTech, AC, PRM, maxxis/ITP, oury, powermadd

YZ 250- pro circuit, total control, weisco, oury, renthal

KX 500--to much to list

Quit being a Puss and buy it.

That is all.
    05 Yamaha R1
    01 Banshee

I probably should wait for the Can-Am, but I just can't hold out any longer. I have to have a new quad and I think this is it. I will just have to look to the aftermarket to make this machine what I want it to be.

I hope there is about 10 Horsepower in that engine just ready to be free'd up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast