Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some questions for future reference

some questions for future reference

Hey. Got some questions, will be getting either a 400ex or 450R soon. See, the quad i have now, i can top it out in a wheelie starting from a dead stop but it has no clutch....semi-automatic.

Now, with either one of those bikes i'm going to get, how hard is it to wheelie and shift with a clutch? I notcied people usually just balance the quad and always stayed in the same gear...is it really that hard to wheelie and shift during the wheelie when you have a clutch?

Thanks
    Honda Recon 250 2X4
    too many mods

soon-
    400ex or 450R

it takes some practice and alot of confidence you shift while you wheelie.. but once you start doing its pretty easy.. just make sure your RPM's arent really high cause it will be harder to shift.. best time to shift is when your at a balance point.. people will tell you not to use the clutch cause its easier.. I like using my clutch when shifting.. makes it a little easier to get into gear..
    Thanks to my fans my name is an Anthem..

Live Life..Do one thing a day that scares you

Xbox360Live GamerTag = Upgrayed
    Playstation 3 GamerTag = U-p-g-r-a-y-e-d

wait, what do you mean some people tell you not to use clutch? Are these semi-automatic with a clutch just like the 250ex or something?

I usually shift at higher rpms on my recon because if i shift at a balance point and not at the end of the gear, i'll be at too high of a gear and wont have enough power to keep it up but i guess with a 400ex or 450r , i wont have the problem of not enough power haha
    Honda Recon 250 2X4
    too many mods

soon-
    400ex or 450R

im talking about the 400ex or anything with a manual clutch some have told me to shift without the clutch.. it works but i just dont like to do that..

when i ride a wheelie and shift.. my rpm's are about half or less.. im just saying if the rpm are to high(almost at the limiter).. it will be harder to shift..
    Thanks to my fans my name is an Anthem..

Live Life..Do one thing a day that scares you

Xbox360Live GamerTag = Upgrayed
    Playstation 3 GamerTag = U-p-g-r-a-y-e-d

i dont use the clutch when changing gears in a wheelie. just let off the gas a little and shift without the clutch
    2005 trx 450r

Yeah when your are riding you can shift without the clutch just let off the gas and shift but its not very good for your clutch. But ppl do it cuz they are to lazy or are'nt good enough to use the clutch in a wheelie. I use clutch when changeing gears in wheelies.
    KFX 400 - Orange

I'm religious when it comes to using my clutch!! about 90 percent of people will say to shift at the lower rpms in a gear while at the balance point...which I think probably is a little easier, But I prefer to top out each gear before I shift that way when you do go into the next gear you don't have to give it hardly any gas because your rpms are already up, but you also have to be careful doing it this way too because you can give it too much gas and go straight back onto the grab bar. If that happens though just "TAP" the rear brake and get back on the gas again.
    87 250r
    blue lakers front and rear, pro taper bars, p51 ishocks, esr trx5 centermount pipe&silencer, esr hanger, esr air box eliminator kit, esr shifter, vforce 3 reeds, 38mm air stryker, port/polish, bored, cr head gasket, ac racing nerfs, +2 +1 laegers, ims oversized tank, devol kicker.

when u shift gears in a wheelie, what i do is i get the bike up in a lower gear say 2nd. go slow and get ur balancing point then, whithout pulling in on the clutch, just shift up and repeat all the way till ur done, it takes practice but you will get it
    My 08 450er:
    Full System Rossier
    Rossier Jets
    K And N

My EXFOR SALE)
    Maier Racecut white plastic
    TAG Handelbars
    Black Hipers
    Spider Grips
    Stage 3 Hotcam
    Wiseco 11:1 Pistons
    Full system yoshi
    White Bros Brake Block off
    Blingstar black front bumper
    Uni air filter
    K&N precharcher air lid
    Dynojet jets
    trailtech headlights
    tusk gas cap- black
    +4 inch RPM Dominator Axle
    Big Gun Ignition Box
    Front and Rear Durablue Lowering kit
    All around Hoosiers

im better with a clutch then a semi auto

you can feather the clutch instead of the gas
    07 Raptor 700 - Stockkk
    94 Ford Lightning - A lot of goodies
    10 Focus Coupe 5 speed - A few goodies. 40mpg.

hey i have a rm 125 and can go in a wheelie from first gear to sixth and i have never not used the clutch u just have to shift fast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast