Thread: What Is Up With C-dale Motor Noise

What Is Up With C-dale Motor Noise

Everytime i hear a c-dale they make some of the weirdest noises possible. sounds like the piston is making contact with every peice of metal in the motor. they are s f-ing loud, do you guys wear ear plugs when you ride em? i know they are quick and all but what is up with all that noise? its not the exhaust
    when in doudt, GAS IT!

That would be the straight cut cam gears. It uses all gears instead of a cam chain. Sounds like sweet music to me
    fo hundred with stuff on it
    Sponsored by: Motoman440 and K2-Dawg
    Thanks for the help Pappy!
    "I have morals and feelings like everyone else, I just keep forgetting them."

They also sound like they're backfiring sometimes when letting off the gas when ya got the hammer down...must be the jetting.. :devil

Rico.. You must have been following one on your Honda :-)

Originally posted by JabberJaw
    Rico.. You must have been following one on your Honda :-)
    Nope I was riden the mofo,,that's why I mentioned the term of having the hammer down..I wasn't gonna ride it like a girl,,plus it wasn't mine so I had nothin to loose if it broke or I wrecked..

I rode my buddies and noticed the same "engine noise"
    He said he's used to it so it doesn't bother him.

Note to self:
    Never let rico ride my machine
    red '01 400ex, power bomb header pipe, power tip, PEP tripple rates with rezzies, billet shifter and brake levers, K and N filter, outerwares airbox lid. rtc clutch lever.

yellow '01 400ex, rtc clutch and brake levers, brake block off, renthal bars, ez thumb throttle, pep steering dampner, K and N filter, outerwares airbox lid. works triple rates with rezzies.

'59 manx, 1915cc, engle 120 cam, 041 heads with s/s valves, 8 dowel c/w crank, as41 full flow case, heavy duty oil pump, external oil cooler, ceramic coated headers, close ratio shifter, kennedy 1700lb clutch.

'71 baja 2276, dual 44 webers.

Honestly, the first time I heard the engine noise it was very disconcerting. Sounded like someone threw 3 or 4 steel marbles down on top of the piston as it's running. Everyone assured me that it was supposed to sound that way and only after a week of ownership I'm already used to it. When you're just sitting there idling is when it's most noticeable. When you've got the hammer down it seems to disappear:devil

Rico, if your Cannondale jetting is off than you've got bigger problems than some cam gear noise
    2013 KTM 300XC

I love the noise in my opinion. c-dale' s are tyte machines

I tell MxDale71 that those C-Dales are running on diesel

Of course, when it blows by my 250, I sorda think about pouring a little in my tank
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    MX26

Black 05 450R

thats too funny that's what i call mine the "diesel" its a joke in my group about me and my diesel . but its the fastest one you'll see