Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shine that S.O.B. up, part 2

Post Shine that S.O.B. up, part 2

Dont' be afraid to take your plastic off once in a while. Look what I found last night on a supposedly "clean" quad. :grr
    Attached Images Attached Images

and this ...

yea whenever i race,when i get back i give it a full cleaning. my friends think i am too ubsessed with a clean quad, but i like to see my quad clean, after all i did spend well over 10 grand so far on it, it sould be clean for the cost of the atv. i take all the plastic off clean it, take the shocks and a arms off regrease them if they need it, clean the brakes, bottom of the engine,swingarm from all the chain lube, and anything else i can find dirty.
    And that oil tank is a b!tch to get to get to, to clean it
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

The best stuff to make your ATV plastic shiny is use pledge table cleaner. It shines up the Red plastic nicely. It is a yellow can, I think.

The first time i took my plastic off i was also surprised to find a lot of dirt. So now I usualy take my plastic off after every other ride unless it's real muddy then i always take it off.

I use a product called Formula 2000. Its like armorall but x10. After a thorough cleaning of the quad inside and out I spray it down with the 2000 and wipe it off. After getting in mud or dirt the stuff just rolls off without having a greasy feeling to the bike, its like it soaks in but still provides a premo shine. I also spray down my entire motor and frame components with wd40. Its helps keep off the crud.

Terry

wow marcum whats going on with that picture? are u jumping over that bank? it looks like your getting ready to slam into the side of it and wreck. pretty cool anyways

We were riding in a clay pit and the workers had put up a couple of large scoops of dirt away from this wall. We were hitting it in 4th gear and landing about 20 feet past the lip. It was pretty intimidating. The pic really doesnt do it much justice.

Terry

yeah thats pretty cool. just at first glance it looks like your about to slam into the side there.. looks fun :blah

Before

Yes, lilred you can use wisk in your pressure washer. I would mix it with some water though, its pretty thick. I quit using my pressure washer because its a pain in the ***** to set up and I can get the same results from wisk and a regular garden hose and nozzle.
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast