Thread: Mods for 300ex/350X !

Mods for 300ex/350X !

I am looking into buying a 350X top end for my 300EX. But Im a little skeptical if this will work, but most people say it does, so I have a bunch of questions that I hope somebody can help me with. Do I need the whole top end to do it? or will just the cylinder and the piston be ok. Will a 300ex head fit onto it? It looks like it actually will. Also, will a 350X swingarm fit on my 300EX? And, Is any type modification required for this to work? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    If it's got an engine and wheels, ride it!

I also noticed that on the 350X head, it has 2 header pipes. I don't now if his would clear one of the frame support that the 300EX has right near the motor, by the header pipe.
    If it's got an engine and wheels, ride it!

Yes the 350x head can be made to work but i think you would need a big bore kit so the valves would clear the cylinder.Mine is 86mm so theres room for the valves to open.You'll need to use a timing chain from a 85 atc 250 "big red" as its the same length as the 300ex chain but its wider to fit the 350x cam.The 350x chain is too long.You'll have to make a custom pipe to clear your frame,i used a extended 400ex one.Yes there is a lot of "hear say" online about what works and what doesnt but i have personally did this in the past. Since the stock 350x is 81mm bore,i would think you would need a 330 kit(80mm) or bigger to have room for the valves.
    426ex,lt250r banshee and kfx700 v force,yz250 mx bike