Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic racing DS450 Video

Epic racing DS450 Video

So i was watching the video about the epic racing DS450 and it looks to me that they just lost everything that they worked so hard to gain, Going back to Chromoly a-arms and a swinger (they said they were switching back to the stock one).. SO what was the point in doing all this R&D and trying to make it the best on the market if you have the take off half the parts they put all the time and R&D into to make it a competative machine??? What do you guys think???

Too bad it is EPIC parts.
    SFC RET
    06 Outlaw
    07 540 Outlaw
    00 DS730

Dude, give it a rest already.

TPR

Bashing

I'm not trying to bash it in anyway, Sorry if it came off this way. It looks to be a great Quad and cant wait to get a little seat time on one my self. what i was trying to get at is that wont this quad be about the same as all the others with the chromoly a-arms and what not, So all the unsprung wait they just saved is just added back on with the Chromoly a-amrs and what not.

not only is the unsprung weight added back to it. That adds to the overall weight of the quad. With these heavier parts this thing will be the heaviest 450 around. I think that its a cool quad and wouldnt worry about changing all that out (I dont race). I will have to check them out as soon as they hit the show room floor.
    2007 Yamaha YFZ450 SE

Can you please explain to me how it will be the heaviest one around? If it starts out lighter than the others and all the same parts are added, how is it heavier?

I think the quad looks really good. i cant wait to see how it does in motocross.

It won't be any heavier than the other 450's because by the time you put a-arms on the DS then on another 450 the DS will still be lighter because it was lighter stock. And anyways they said they will be using the stock swinger for racing.
    YFZ450 mx

http://www.myspace.com/twisteddinli34

All of the other 450's still have steel arms, and steel axles. On the Ds you are going to be replacing the lighter aluminum parts with heavier parts. It's not going to be the heaviest, but not going to be the lightest anymore.
    And what does that matter that will only come into effect for the Mx guys.
    07 Blue Raptor 700
    Yoshimura Rs-7
    Pro Design Pro Flow w/ K&N
    Airbox Eliminated
    11:1 JE Piston
    Hotcams S2
    Dynojet PowerCommander III
    (Front) 21" Holeshot Xcr's
    (Back) 19" Mxr4's
    Itp C-Series Wheels
    Blue Tusk Nerfs
    15t Front Sprocket

Comin Soon- Elkas

Re: Epic racing DS450 Video

Originally posted by Groves187
    So i was watching the video about the epic racing DS450 and it looks to me that they just lost everything that they worked so hard to gain, Going back to Chromoly a-arms and a swinger (they said they were switching back to the stock one).. SO what was the point in doing all this R&D and trying to make it the best on the market if you have the take off half the parts they put all the time and R&D into to make it a competative machine??? What do you guys think???
    I was thinking the exact thing when I watched that. They replaced all those trick parts they were bragging about with aftermarket

everybody needs to slow down a little bit

they just started testing with aftermarket a-arms
    the epic racing 50" bike is in "test" phase that bike is not ready to be raced yet it is an experiment

Jeremy thinks the bike handles and corners as well at 46" (stock) as most 50" (race) bikes

as far as weight
    on a race bike typically add weight by extending the a-arms and then gain that advantage back by removing parts you do not need (lights, electric start, controls, etc.)

but a good rule of thumb is that if you start with less weight then you end up with less weight

did anybody notice how long the stock a-arms are ? (at 46")
    the mounting points for the a-arms is really moved in close to the center of the bike
    www.socalhick.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast