Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EDT Round 1

Greenbriar

Rileys,

Thanks for the note and thanks to those that have called or emailed. I have 2 bruised kidneys, concusion, and a large build up of fluid in my arm, the docs have drained it twice already.

There is alot of swelling around my lower spine, going to a back Dr. today.

Took me and Steph 20 hrs to get back, miserable.

Open Class - could not agree more with Neil and Rustees posts. I was supposed to be in it as well but someone in the Plus 25 class did not know how to hold a line and I ended up in the ambulance.

We are hanging it up. I enjoyed meeting eveyone the past 2 years at the races, we had a great time. Best of luck to everyone in the future.

Don
    Higs

don sorry to here that was you in that accedent. my wife watched steph while you were getting patched up. we sat with you at the banquet in ohio. after seeing your machine i dont blame you. that is why i am living my speed thru my son now. i cant afford to be laid up in a hospital but i sure would like to try it but reality is reality. if there is anything we can do please pm me!!. hope all goes well for you, heal fast!! take care don.
    rustee...................
    Yellow #6 honda 350r open am
    Way too much to list.

Orange/black #6 honda 450r ex hybrid 4-stroke B - 265-B
    Also way to much to list.

I wish i had all the money i spent back !! id be rich.

Thank you to my 2007 sponsors Rath racing, L.A Sleeve-Pro/X, Berik boots , Klotz lubricants, Advanced Machineing, Case racing, ESR and now baldwin motor sports as that is were my money is going

Extreme atv racing rules~!!

Don,
    sorry to hear about the accident. i hope you heal fast. i understand your feelings. i have them myself sometimes. take care,

Patrick
    Thank you to my sponsors:
    75 Designs, Rath Racing, FLY Racing, Fourwerx, Hinson, CP Pistons, Hoosier Tire, Atlas Brace, X Brand Goggles, Pivot Works, Motorex, H&H ATV, RynoPower, PRP

Well Don,, I know its wrote down here now, but I didnt know you had been in a crash & how in the world did I miss seeing you at the race. I got to admit I was in a rush most of the time with different things going on & guess I just missed alot of things.

I wish every race could be run like Ashtabula with practice friday, heats saturday & mains sunday.
    All I can say is I'm sorry for missing you & wish you hadnt gotten in the crash.
    How did your girl do, good I hope.

Rustee,
    Went back & checked the race the results, #37 Russell Mcwhorter on a 450 Yamaha ran in the Pro Am Unlimited class as well as the Open Am.
    3 other riders run the 16 to 24 class & 1 ran the + 25.

Its just a big mess up & it cant be done like this.

ATVA rules state a rider cant drop down a class like A down to B or B down to C & either way you look at it, its breaking the rules.
    Now it says if a rider lays out a year, no racing in any type of AMA or ATVA sationed racing for 12 months, then they can come back & run any class they choose, but who has layed out that long.
    By the rules, all A & B class riders are running illegal in a C class.
    Only way for it to be legal was if each rider would have signed up in the next higher class. That would have ment the C rider would have signed up in the B class & then next race they went to the A.
    Either way its wrong unless I've read it wrong.

You are right, we pay them, they dont pay us to attend or to race.
    If I'm wrong I'm wrong but I dont think so.
    Neil
    C-Leigh Racing Team
    In memory of Caraleigh Pritchard
    1979 - 1992

Team riders, 2017 Extreme Dirt Track
    # 25 450R Honda, Chuckie Creech, Pro, Pro Am, Pro Am Unlimited class
    # 25, 450R Honda, Andrea Creech, Womens class

Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING

Rustee,
    Went back & checked the race the results, #37 Russell Mcwhorter on a 450 Yamaha ran in the Pro Am Unlimited class as well as the Open Am.
    3 other riders run the 16 to 24 class & 1 ran the + 25.

Its just a big mess up & it cant be done like this.

Neil
    me and my teamate Lamar both run open and 16-24, open is considered open A ,they dropped b and c in the actual rooster and the age class is 90cc-unlimited its perfectly fine for us to run that and the pro-am rider can ride pro-am and any A class
    #816 EDTN Team FSR
    District 14

02/04 520 big bore stroker CRF Hybrid with lots of goodies
    04 CRF 450r with waaay too much to list
    I build and sell KRI sway bars

Thanks to my 08 Sponsors: Hot Cams, Pivot works, ASV, Maier, 661, Spectro, Vortex, Dark Synergy, Boyesen, Nacs Racing, Championship Powersports, Soles Motorsports, FrankenStamm Motors

Thats what I'm saying, its ok for 16/24 to run or the + 25 to run in the Open Am.
    I think it was first of the year when the class change was listed it was called Open Am, no more Open A, B or C so its still an amature class.
    With that, if a rider signs up Pro Am they can no longer run B or C class only Pro Am or A class.

Jake,
    I think what happened to you in the main was uncalled for, I was told another rider lost a nurf bar & nothing happened to them.
    Neil
    C-Leigh Racing Team
    In memory of Caraleigh Pritchard
    1979 - 1992

Team riders, 2017 Extreme Dirt Track
    # 25 450R Honda, Chuckie Creech, Pro, Pro Am, Pro Am Unlimited class
    # 25, 450R Honda, Andrea Creech, Womens class

I think someone was there taking pictures of the races for atv riders but does anyone know if someone was doing race coverage??

Thanks

The guy that was taking picutres, will be posting a race report as well.

Thanks for the information ...
    now do you by any chance know who the guy is ??

Arkansas

Neil, thanks for the note, I stopped by and said hello to Andrea on Sat. but you must have been off doing something. I agree with the spreading out of the race program. The whole weekend seems like a blur. I wish you and your team the best this year. It was great to see the report that Chuckie made the podium, that is awesome.

Rustee, please give your wife another big thank you from me for watching Steph while I was racing / in the ambulance. Best of luck to you and your son this year at the EDT's.

Thanks again,

Don
    Higs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12