Thread: edelbrock flat slide carb

Angry edelbrock flat slide carb

i own an 04 450r with some minor mods.stock head...and motor. I switched the stock carb to an edelbrock and I am experiencing oil coming from the the foward breather spitting out the black tube after the carb into the combustion chamber.[i think] The engine runs and works fine....no probs while running...just an occastional smoke screen.not to mention oil loss. I have had the head seals ,guides and valve shimming done previously to adding the edelbrock carb. was wondering if its the carb? has anyone had symptoms like these? not alot of hours on machine. plenty of compression. not too hard to start. yet.
    88 esr trx 350 p/v, 40.5 pwk , lrd big bore p/s, air box eliminator , ims 4 gal ,powder coat stk frame red, outlaw + 3 arms, custom axis zps w/ 12 inch travel, hardkor f. hubs. roll anti vibe, fasst bars, muscle dampner, ims kick up pegs, no link zps long travel rear swinger, 12 inch travel, rpm anti fade,wave rotor, eliminator, dura blue r hubs/axle/lug nuts. rollin on ohtsu or sand stars .......

not the carb
    RECREATION TIRES
    www.rectires.com

edelbrock carb

could the carb cause a reverse vacume on the deacceleration that sucks oil to the carb thru the vent hose. its not blow by . theres no smoke at idle.
    88 esr trx 350 p/v, 40.5 pwk , lrd big bore p/s, air box eliminator , ims 4 gal ,powder coat stk frame red, outlaw + 3 arms, custom axis zps w/ 12 inch travel, hardkor f. hubs. roll anti vibe, fasst bars, muscle dampner, ims kick up pegs, no link zps long travel rear swinger, 12 inch travel, rpm anti fade,wave rotor, eliminator, dura blue r hubs/axle/lug nuts. rollin on ohtsu or sand stars .......