Thread: battery completely dead overnight?

battery completely dead overnight?

i went to go riding yesterday and my battery was completely dead. i left the key in it, but it was turned off, and the lights were switched off too. anyone know what could have happened? any help is greatly appreciated
    2002 400EX - Big Gun race series full system, RAD dual row bearing carrier, AC Racing bumper, MSR Dominator CR high bend bars, PRM Swingarm Skid, RAD Locknut, AC Std. nerfs, Kenda Klaw XCF fronts , Kenda Knarly rears, Spider Grips, LSR P-Brake Blockoff
    96 TRX300 4x4 - 25" Mudbugs, 2500lb Gorilla Winch, Spider Grips, Custom 86 TRX350 Rear End Conversion
    86 TRX 125
    02 TRX90

SWAT ATV Team of Pennsylvania - PA Guys check it out
    www.swatatvteam.com

Was it cold out? I only ask because I believe cold weather tends to drain battieries...
    Last edited by RiPPiNiTuP7; 10-17-2002 at 12:17 PM.

check the batt. terminals. crazy canadian had the same prob. and the problem was that his positive terminal was loose.
    NECC #148
    Sponsors:
    ATV Four Play - BCS Performance - Jet Motorsports

07 TRX 450ER
    08 Rancher 420

yeah it was pretty cold, about 37 degrees at night
    2002 400EX - Big Gun race series full system, RAD dual row bearing carrier, AC Racing bumper, MSR Dominator CR high bend bars, PRM Swingarm Skid, RAD Locknut, AC Std. nerfs, Kenda Klaw XCF fronts , Kenda Knarly rears, Spider Grips, LSR P-Brake Blockoff
    96 TRX300 4x4 - 25" Mudbugs, 2500lb Gorilla Winch, Spider Grips, Custom 86 TRX350 Rear End Conversion
    86 TRX 125
    02 TRX90

www.swatatvteam.com

check the two small fuses by the battery...also all the conections. try applying a small 2 amp charge to teh battery for 30 mins. then check ocv....if its above 11 volts...charge for 2 more hours. if you have a multimeter and can post some readings it would help out a bunch.
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

well, i found out what was wrong with my battery. I went to go do what 400ex127 said and when i took the rubber flap thing off i discovered that there is a 1/2 in. x 1/2 in. hole blown out of the side of the battery. I don't know how it happened. Does anyone know if a defective battery is covered by the warranty? Has anyone else ever had this problem?
    86 TRX 125
    02 TRX90

www.swatatvteam.com

no its not covered im sure....im just woderin what happened to it
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News