Thread: how often do you rebuild?

how often do you rebuild?

anyone?

depends on how hard you ride, how much you ride it is hard to say when to rebuild it i have a 04 blaster that i ride pretty hard and alot and i rebuilt it once and have to rebuild it again because i just blew a base gasket today so that is what 2 twice in 4 years almost(i bought it in august of 03') i know people who rebuild more than that, one thing you can watch out for is on a 2-stroke right before they go boom they run perfect so one day if you ride it and it runs/performs awsome better than normal you may want to check out and make sure everything is ok(that sucks that they are like that)

Originally posted by honda450rider33
    depends on how hard you ride, how much you ride it is hard to say when to rebuild it i have a 04 blaster that i ride pretty hard and alot and i rebuilt it once and have to rebuild it again because i just blew a base gasket today so that is what 2 twice in 4 years almost(i bought it in august of 03') i know people who rebuild more than that, one thing you can watch out for is on a 2-stroke right before they go boom they run perfect so one day if you ride it and it runs/performs awsome better than normal you may want to check out and make sure everything is ok(that sucks that they are like that)

that happened to me today too i went to my local track and was doing allright but when i got off a double it satrted to like shut down and the kickstart was a little hard so i stopped and sended it to the mechanic
    06 ltr450

Pro Taper Charmichael, Fly racing Barpad and Clamps, Cherry bomb, pro armor nerfs, ac racing bumper, removed baffle and lid, lonestar graphics and seat cover, hisnson complete clutch, hinson clutch cover, maxxis razr mx on the rear on douglas beadlocks, Acerbic HandGuards (Black), Renthal 13th front sprocket, KandN Filter, Outwear, Full yosh system, rental diamond grips, Pro desing Kil switch

good thing you stopped if you did not bad things could have happend, 2-strokes are funny birds that sucks that they run excellent right before they go boom

I know it's kind of extreme to most people...but we rebuilt mine every race, new piston,rings,gaskets,re-plated the cylinder,new reeds, and a new clutch....but that's what helped win a national championship but yeah it was a lot it's still for sale by the way

every race wow you must know that motor like the back of your hand