Thread: question on motor 350 warrior

Question question on motor 350 warrior

I baught a 01 warrior with a motor with a big hole from rod going through it does any other motor fit this wheeler? I am not sure if i should buy new cases and rebuikd this motor(needs crank, rod, piston,and cases) or buy a used motor and hope its ok.I baught the wheeler for only 400$ in good shape all parts are there !!

Nothing is a direct bolt in, you could change things up a bit and do a YZ490 2 stroke air cooled dirt bike motor. Anything will require modification though. You can pick a set of cases up on ebay fairly cheap, plus a crank and if you got a few bucks to spend go for the Hotrods 400 stroker kit they run about $550, it comes with a stroker piston and crank, and with a decent cam and exhaust your lookin at like 36HP.
    2002 Warrior FST 446

hey dave76 thanks for the reply ill keep that in my mind seeing i will have it apart and i will need to have it apart i might as well give it some more hp,and i just seen a chunk out of the jug so now i have to find one of them

Oh with the 400 kit it will move, it basically doubles the power output, the best part is the added stroke lenght will add tons more lowend torque somthing the Warrior lacks due to it being a short stroke motor.
    2002 Warrior FST 446

dave do i need to get it re sleeved for the kit or is just the compression and stroke that makes the 400? i guess if i am going to build this engine i should spend now instead of later.

Originally posted by jred
    dave do i need to get it re sleeved for the kit or is just the compression and stroke that makes the 400? i guess if i am going to build this engine i should spend now instead of later.
    Nah no sleeve, just a 1mm overbore to 84mm,(stock is 83) Hotrods uses a CP piston, and the stroke is 71.5 (stock is 64.5) that comes out to 397cc. Its 10.5 compression so it'll run on pump gas no problem. Just get a good cam like the megacycle 252X1 and good set of valve springs, another one of the stock Warriors weaknesses. You should be able to do everything $800, $550 for the kit, and $200 for cam and springs, and $50 for the overbore.
    2002 Warrior FST 446

dave76 seeing the 400 kit you dont resleeve it does the motor run any hotter.

A little, just run a good oil cooler and you'll be fine. My engine is 446cc and I have no problems and I ride in mid 90 degree heat.
    2002 Warrior FST 446