Originally posted by pro-rider46
and how about how steering stabilizers work after the rear topic. like how they work. and the differences between sticktype stabilizers and the other stabilizers. that would be great. good read by the way

Really all a stabilizer is, is a shock for the turning motion of your handlebars/steering stem. It literally dampens the force going through the bars, much like a shock dampens the force from the ground to your atv frame. Works the same way. Difference between a stick and puck are just how they're built. I cant really say that a puck is way better than a stick, because I've never used one, but this is what I've heard. I personally use a stick type and have been happy with it. They also sell rebuildable stick types, which cost more than a traditional stick type. Puck ones are all rebuildable as far as I know. They usually have an adjustment that would be similar to a compression adjustment on a shock. Turn it to a harder setting and the damping force required to push the the shaft through the "shock body" is increased, thus not letting the bars be jerked as hard.