Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 450r air box lid

450r air box lid

hey guys im trying to tune my quad after i had it rebuilt. i took off my air box lid and now i want to run a foam filter for a lid. anybody have any tricks on what they do and what works? i also heard dirtworks make a special cover that allows the water to go away from the filter but still give it alot more breathing room than a closed lid. i am running a 12:1 cp piston and a LRD slip on. i was using a leo vince but i need to get it fixed, but i will use the one that works the best.

NO LID!!!!!!!!!!!

Find a HRC lid from an 04 that has the mud flap to cover the filter. Lets it breath but still offers some protection.
    royh
    07 TRX 450 ER
    ELKA LONG TRAVEL
    LAEGERS A ARMS
    HIPERS
    UPDOG
    PRM
    HOUSER

A big thanks to The Dirtshack and Ayers Auto supply

I cut my lid like the HRC lid, then bought an Outwear lid cover to put over it. Seems to work pretty well.
    2004 TRX450R, White Bros. Nerfs, HMF, Hiper, Razr II, Kenda Klaw XC, Sparks

this is what i use. works good. i didnt have to rejet when i put my hrc kit in.

http://www.ehsracing.com/products/trx450_airbox_EHS.htm
    Jeff Moss: OXC #210
    06 450r HRC kit, Yoshimura RS-7,Prm Skids, Derisi .5 MGC a-arms, Fox Float Evol, Rekluse, Razr 2 f&r, Douglas Shamrock beadlocks, AC nerfs

Jim Moss: OXC#442
    2007 450r: Hrc kit, ars-fx arms w/ axis, pro-armor nerfs, axis rear w/dirtworks xc link, hmf slip-on,MBR sprocket guard

2003 400ex: 426cc, 450r carb, Ohlin rear, revalve 450r front shocks, HMF
    exhaust..

John Moss: OXC#300 2007 450er, teixeira tech +1 LT w/Fox evols,fox rear w/dirtworks xc link, shamrocks all around, Kicker conversion, Rekluse, cylinder works 480cc, Hrc Kit, Lonestar axle, Pro-armor nerfs, houser +2 stem, full hmf pipe

(retired, but still running)88 250r custom axis LT, Laeger +3 LT arms, Houser +1+1 stem, RPM swinger, ESR 310, ESR trx-6 pipe, rad valve, Uni filter,38 A/S, TCS xc rear shock, PRM Summit Bumper, Kenda speedracer front + rear, Ims 4gal tank

i cut a 3x2" hole in my lid and instead of an outerware like the ehs i use the ol' ladys spare panty hose(sprayed w/ waterproof repellent for tents).......but my twin air is always covered with an outerware too works great and saves a buck or three!
    ol' 2004 400ex

thanks for the help. i am going to go riding this weekend and do some testing on it.

I cut a bunch of little square holes in my lid, and purchased an outerwear, and had a guy stitch it to some velcro and i glued the other velcro onto my lid, and it worked great for about 2.5 years, then i just replaced it cuz it started to rip! ill try and get a pic for u!
    05 Gt Thunder Trx490r
    WHITEHORSE RACING
    RISSLER EXTEREME ATV
    PRM, AXE racing, FASST bars, GPR, IMS-Roll, DID chains, HRC, JT sprockets, GT Thunder link, Hipers, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Custom Axis, LSR (stem,arms swinger carrier hubs), Axecalliber axil, QuadTech, T&T Racing, Spider, UNI, Pivot works, mxprographx,

WHITEHORSE RACING Trx416ex
    Razor 2's 23"-22"s,IMS tank,Galfer Steal Brake Lines,Denton Stabilizer,Herrmann +1 swingarm,Herrmann Racing Seat latch,Hotcams Stage one,Port and polish,Dynojets,Wesico,Tag Bars,PRM Bumper,PRM Skids,Rad carriers,Spyder grips,All Balls,LRD Exhaust,Green Frame,Stock Red Front Plastic,Gray Maier Rear Plastics ,Elkas Shocks Up Front,STocker Rear Shock,Blown elka rear in the shop!

Knox Racing 1987 trx250r (under construction)

Where you goin riding this weekend. I"ll be out at st. joe around 10am saturday, i'll be there all day i'm sure. I'll be in a silver jeep liberty w/a 04 450. also will be being followed by a couple of crf150's. my names jake, I usually park up front by the rails.

i am going down by springfield and then to willows springs to DIRTWORKS BIKE SHOP. maybe another time we can meet up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast