Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Suspension/Drive and Brakes

Rear Suspension/Drive and Brakes

So, what's gonna happen this week?

Link, No Link???

Anything groundbreaking in the final drive?

Will we have internal caliper rears too?

TPR

Probably no internal caliper on the rear. Would there be an advantage? The internal caliper lets you use fit a larger rotor inside the wheel.

Probably a cast aluminum swingarm, hopefully an eccentric carrier. Dual piston caliper, hopefully an adjustable axle. They said something about unsprung weight, so the swingarm will be crazy looking. Possibly a no link to help with that.

TPR, I sent you a PM.
    Zeb's Welding and Machine
    Raptor /KTM 450 SX-F Hybrid
    "All MX all the time"

Well, I have no info on this, but from the video and screen captures people have made, I have seen that it is a Honda style carrier/adjuster..could they improve on that??? Who knows.

Probably right on the rear brake, since the calipers are located out of the way anyway. The fact that they are using Willwood braking systems is a big step up in performance braking.

Aluminum swingarms have gotten sooo much better that many pro's use the stock ones with little or no problems.

As for if there is a linkage, I can't tell off the shadow picture, but linkage suspension doesn't actually add very much weight and you can package the shock to be lower in frame and more centralized which follows their design edict. Then again their no-link 650 has always worked pretty well.

Only 4 more days till we all know.

TPR

I'm guessing a forged aluminum swinger to match the sweet arms...
    M-Dub

Quadless as of now
    05 KLX110 - some stuff
    01 ZR600 - bone stock
    1992 LT80 - pitquad I guess?

So far the people that have SCREWED me on here:
    powerband
    and yamablaster24 more yamablaster24

Remember every time you run wheel spacers or flipped rims... god kills a kitten

"The best you have ridden is the best you know" Paul Thede- RaceTech

Ignorance is NOT bliss -- it's embarrassing and counter-productive

Experience is a tough teacher she gives the test first the lesson afterwards

RIP 606

Rootar is offline .........................
    Originally posted by 400exrider707
    I'm guessing a forged aluminum swinger to match the sweet arms...

a forged aluminum swingarm would be kickass, maybe itll come stock with atleast a twin row carrier or possibly a tapered bearing setup, im sure itll have a wave rotor, awesome wilwood cailper, itll have ss lines, im thinking to shave weight theyll use aluminum rear hubs w/ steel splines (sorta like the durablues) except theyll be forged and not cast (this would get rid of quite a bit of weight and of course itll have a composite skid

i think we are gonna see alot of forged parts for strength and to further shave weight where they want to.

but i dont think itll have an adjustable axle
    Ross

I think they will have an eccentric (like honda) or better bearing carrier. Honda's pattent is up so other companies and use the same design but hopefully they have improved on it.
    MX ready freshly rebuilt '07 LTR- For Sale $6000 negotiable, 618-315-1650
    http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=441130

honda's was a japanese patenet, there was never anything stopping a non jaanese company from using the honda stlye chain adjuster. the ds650 has always had it, so did the cannondales and gas gas
    Planning a comeback...

Speaking of patents, the Honda motorcycle front brake line routing was patented as well and I belive KTM copied it the same way because they were not slant eyes.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Originally posted by bradley300
    honda's was a japanese patenet, there was never anything stopping a non jaanese company from using the honda stlye chain adjuster. the ds650 has always had it, so did the cannondales and gas gas
    I'm pretty sure the Kawasaki Mojave and Lakota had the eccentric chain adjustment back in the late 1980ies.
    2004 Yamaha YFZ450

How about a swing-arm like a W-TEC quad but a single shock
    SFC RET
    06 Outlaw
    07 540 Outlaw
    00 DS730

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast