Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is an outlaw 525 worth it

is an outlaw 525 worth it

guys i am getting ready to purchase a new quad on monday. i have a raptor 660 that i own now. i was leaning toward a raptor 700 until i came upon the outlaw 525. you guys are the experts with the 525 so please help me out with the decesion. i trail ride mostly but love power. please give some pros and cons if you guys dont mind.

thanks tim leopard

I just got done with the first ride on mine, i picked up today. Holy Cow! This thing is crazy fast, of course im coming off of a 300ex. but i have ridden other quads in the same category. the rear irs is worth its wieght in gold. its pretty much point, shoot, and hang on. I would buy it.

Both are good I due like the IRS over the SA setup. The Raptor does have after market stuff. The Outlaw 525 is a little faster and you have to change your riding stile. The big ? is the dealer how long have they been selling Polaris due they have a good rep or due they just try a sell it to you.
    SFC RET
    06 Outlaw
    07 540 Outlaw
    00 DS730

I also paid for an ext. 4 year warranty, with special financing its still only $99 a month. I felt alot safer with that....well worth the money

Just picked mine up at 1000, offloaded from the truck but can't ride it until tomorrow. I bought the 4 year warranty also and bought the white LE. I agree about the dealer being reputable. I noticed that I saved $500 buying local, OTD in SF area was that much more expensive. I wish I could give you pros and cons, but I'm a newbie also. I did do a lot of research and read all the forums and magazines I could find. I just felt the Outlaw is what I wanted for trail riding also. Good Luck and post what you decide.
    Rob
    07 Polaris Outlaw 525

300ex, did you get a born date later then March? And this is for any who plan on getting one. Don't get a early 525 like before Feb as these have no updates.

Yes my born on date was march 17th, it was the first thing i checked today before any paperwork was done. thx for the heads up!

i can say without a dought this machine with the 525 will definatly thrill you ,awsome power with a great ride .you will have to get use to the irs suspension . it is not a huge adjustment, but a welcome one, as the irs is super smooth with very little body roll at best. i weight 325 and have minumum problem with this adjusting to the irs the suspension ,power is extreme . there is much more power to be had from this engine trust me, i have riden ktm enduro bikes since the early 90s the performance of the 525 can be turned into a 776 beast if you really want to spend the cash. mine will be after i have ridden it for a while .the only reason i bought this quad was for the ktm engine. i was totally suprised at the handilling of the polaris outlaw, yes i will spend the money on suspension and other toys because that is what i do . although this quad as it comes from the dealer is killer ! i have riden and owned all yamaha, honda ,canam ,sport quads etc . this is by far the best quad on the market for the money. ride on !
    scott w thompson
    ride it like you stole it !
    life time netra member
    life time blueribon coalition member
    neta member
    bikes owned
    07 polaris outlaw525
    04 yamaha grizzly
    05 sherco 2.9
    00 ktm 520 exc
    00 ktm 450 exc my creation
    00 suzuki drz450 s my creation again
    wife
    07 polaris x2
    00 kdx 200
    19 year old
    05 polaris 500 ho scrambler
    and th 9 year olds have
    1 xr 80
    3 xr 70
    1 pw50
    1jr 50and the 6 year falls into the latter 2 bikes depending on the day !

could no of said it better...

thank you guys for all the replies. i am trying to decide if the pure polaris exhaust would be worth it??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast