Thread: Hydraulic Clutch.

Hydraulic Clutch.

I have been looking around Ebay for parts I want to buy when I get some extra cash, I keep running in to Hydraulic clutch set ups and was woundering are there any good? YES I have used the search bar and read trough a few posts mainly talking about Magura set ups. but nothings really going in to detail how much people like them, or if they recomend them, so I was woundering

Are hydo clutches good?
    Do you recommend them?
    what is there cons and pros compaired to a normal cable set up?
    does it release as fast as the cable set up?
    what are good brands to look for?
    Will a hydro cluth set up work even if you have a "heavy duty" clutch set up?

Sorry for all the questions but im intrested in these and cant really find the information im looking for.
    Lance

after using a magura on mine for quite some time i think if you plan to run the stock clutch they are great!

no fade, constant pull, and are adjustable on the lever to make the pull how you want it. it also keeps the clutches adjusted properly.

if you plan to run aftermarket springs or something, it isnt worth it though. it wont pull enough to combat the springs and will probably not have enough adjustment. I ran mine after installing my tusk stuff and ran into major issues with it while trying to break in my clutch plates.

i eventually blew the seals in it after i hit the lever without having it attached and it never really worked right after that but i never wanted to get a new slave to get it working well after having issues with it.

steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

clutch

I have a new streamline hydrualic clutch that i used once, bought new. I'll sell it for $90 shipped.

Re: clutch

Originally posted by jmarkel
    I have a new streamline hydrualic clutch that i used once, bought new. I'll sell it for $90 shipped.
    I'll keep that in mind im not to sure if I want to go with the hydrualic clutch just yet. If i do ill be sure to PM you, Thanks
    Lance