Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 300-325lbs. ??

300-325lbs. ??

Well, if they put as much effort and technology into the rest of this bike as they have put in the frame, it appears that this thing should be pretty good. Now , I know this is a stretch but with continous advancements like this, would a 300-325 pound 450 race quad be something that we may see in the future? This new frame has really opened my eyes to how outdated and weak the yamaha and honda frames really are.

I think what really suprises me, is they can make that frame with all that technology and I'm sure theres more to come, yet still be at the same price range as the other 450 EFI quads. Heard price was $7499.

Originally posted by GE4x4
    I think what really suprises me, is they can make that frame with all that technology and I'm sure theres more to come, yet still be at the same price range as the other 450 EFI quads. Heard price was $7499.
    It's going to be nice being able to pay $7,499 and getting your moneys worth, without having to deal with replacing half of the parts on it.

No one will believe me, but this machine has been in the works for a very very long time. Since about the same time the DS650 came out. It was originally going to be a 400, but its evolved into a 450. Bombardier has some of the brightest engineers and designers in the world. They have not taken this project lightly (no pun intended). It will be the most technologically advanced machine we've ever seen, to the point it will make the Cannondales look archaic even in their own time period.

Interesting times ahead gentlemen
    Rides:
    85 ATC500R flat tracker
    86 ATC250R woods beater
    96 Laeger Narrow frame/T-pin/CR500 Link
    [url=http://shop.3wheelerworld.com] A store exclusively for specialty three-wheeler parts.

Palm Beach County and Port Orange, Florida
    I heard it is going to be air cooled and have 2, yes I said 2 overhead valves...

Looking at the frame was neat. I bet its a ***** to work on.

well, a stock blasterweighs 320, thats with steel wheels, frame, a-arms, swingarm, handlebars enourmous 2 stroke exhaust pipe, steel grab bar and bumper.... i would think using some innovative parts, they could get a 450 in the 320 range
    Planning a comeback...

picture of pretty much stock blaster
    Attached Images Attached Images

toady is offline This stuff is serious--->
    Did you mean to post a picture of your blaster in this thread or did it have some meaning??

Originally posted by Gray33
    picture of pretty much stock blaster

I wish some insider would spill it on whats coming up next..
    Evan Abernathy

Msn: Bubba.spar.x@hotmail.com
    myspace: myspace.com/evan_4

my bike: kink roc, everythings stock, If you live in the albany area hit me up and we can ride sometime .

Z400
    Hmf slip on

Ltz250
    Turf Tamer rears
    Douglas rear Black Label rims

There are donkeys and race horses, You are a top of the line donkey...

I miss racing alot....

I'd like to see one down to 350lbs on the track. I remember when I started getting ino racing 12 years ago and some one was showing a Laeger 250R and the scale showed 330 ready to go. Granted the 450's might make better power than the 250R's but the power-to-weight ratio isn't as good. I saw where Natalie's and Gust's 450's were weighed in a magazine and showed 400. A Banshee stripped down ready to race doesn't weigh any more than that and makes a whole lot more power.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast