Thread: starting problems

starting problems

guys i need some help. the kickstarter on my blaster will not grab any time i try to start it the starter is full of slack like it wont watch. what is the problem? i think it is the spring but im not sure. also how exactly do i get the lever off? is the nut reverse threaded? thanx for yalls help
    1998 Banshee with 600cc 2 stroke twin cylinder rotax snowmobile engine. best 1/4 mile ET 9.80 at 118

2002 honda 300ex with cobra exhaust, race cut fenders, and itp polished C-series rims.

1996 blaster with 240 bigbore, powdercoated frame, powdercated +2 swinger, +2 A-arms, and too many others to note.

take the clutch cover off and make sure that every thing looks like its lined up correctly.
    White 06 YFZ Full HMF

2000 Yamaha Blaster
    LRD, UNI, Carbon tech, RAZR, DG, Durablue, twin row carrier,30mm oko, reed spacer, injecter block off....

Stock 1987 250x

i had the same problem but it was my stupid self when i did the oil injection block off it could either the spring or on the back of the kick starter there is a little bent tab that must go into a square hole if that is not in it will slip that was the problem i had i did not put that tab in and it would slip, slip, slip and then catch over and over again, if you have any questions i can post some pictures