Thread: any recalls on the new kfx450

any recalls on the new kfx450

i am looking to buy a kfx 450 and i wanted to know your problems and if there is any recalls, i am also debating on the suzuki i am going to do primarily trail riding, and some light jumping no real motorcross

The only problem I've heard has been a few isolated cases of bad steering stem bushings. Seen two of them already like that. Haven't heard much about that online though. Kawi is taking care of those cases though.

gas tank leaking
    Brad Harrell #927
    www.oxcracing.com

08 yz250f

The gas tank is recalled.........I was hoping mine wasn't going to do it but as I went to get it out of the garage today there was gas everywhere. Takes a month to get a new tank ordered through the shop.
    2008 white/black KFX450
    DASA pipe, FuelATV airbox intake, PCIII, KX cams, ported head, AC Blackline nerfs, ΒΌ" PRM swingarm skid, Modquad billet case saver, PIAA H6M lights, 15t front sprocket, PB block-off, Spider grips, new fuel tank

2001 Yellow 400EX
    White Brothers S-Bend, AC Pro Pegs, Tag X5 handlebars, Armadillo swingarm skid, K&N filter w/Outerwears, computer fans, Cobra bumper, Kenda Klaw XCs, 155 main jet, a few graphics, red Shockwears, red anodized Trixx PB block-off, RTC clutch/brake levers, Primary Drive sprockets & X-ring chain, red LED underbody lights, Tinner scoops, PIAA H6M lights, Turbo Paddles on Douglas .125s for dunes, and Brite helps keep her pretty.

AOL Messenger is SandDuner400EX
    Yahoo Messenger is whitebrothershonda400ex

well mine hasnt leaked yet (and i do check rather often) but i got the recall leter in the mail anyways like tuesday but i called the dealer and they said that theyll order a new tank and it might be in next thurs. and to just bring the kfx in and theyll fix it. thats is cool i thought it would take like twoweeks or somethin.
    KFX 450- prm, 15t, fasstco inserts. proarmor, tag, knarlys

Yea same thing here.. Mine went into the shop today for the new tank.. But they told me they should have it back to me by mid of next week.. I hope this is the only bug we have to worry about.
    Thanks to my 2008 Sponsors:
    Team Alba Action, ATV4Play, DuraBlue, Powermadd, No Fear, SoCal, FMF, DP Brakes

Mine hasn't leaked either since day one when I bought it in March, but I'm not gonna risk it. Yeah same thing for me, I was the only one so far to turn mine in, in this city. The guys at the dealership had told me that they had just got the notice that the KFX450R was on recall, so they had to order the parts because Kawi hasn't sent them any yet. The guy also told me that they also were going to replace the the o-ring and fuel pump too along with the tank, but I think he's wrong. I thought the recall was just for the tank. Anywho, they said it won't be ready until sometime next week. Thats sucks because I want to ride.

They also told me something about the O-Ring also,,,, Who knows.. as long as they fix it...
    Thanks to my 2008 Sponsors:
    Team Alba Action, ATV4Play, DuraBlue, Powermadd, No Fear, SoCal, FMF, DP Brakes