Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 EDT 2007

Round 2 EDT 2007

I was just browsing around atvaonline.com and noticed they had Round 2 with Steve Nace at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds in IL instead of Taylorville, did I miss something?

Yes it has been change to DuQuoin. We found out a few weeks ago. Would be nice if the atva would put it on their homepage instead of putting it where most will never see it.

does anyone know what that track will be like

I bet it is going to be similar to paducah

Originally posted by atvracinextra
    Yes it has been change to DuQuoin. We found out a few weeks ago. Would be nice if the atva would put it on their homepage instead of putting it where most will never see it.
    its pretty clear if you look at the schedule...
    CFRacing

Hunter Haswell #20

Aston Haswell #22

Steve was at the Ark race handing out fliers & one sheet was a map of the fair grounds.
    Looking at the map he said was around a 5 acres RV lot with hook up at one end of the track. Track he said was a half mile oval but only half of it would be used.
    If the map is true to size & if the camping area is 5 acres then the track area is around 20 because on the map it looks like 4 1/2 times bigger than the camping/ pit area.
    There is another pit area in front of the track like down the straighaway, but dont know if its front straightaway or back, dont show a grandstand.
    This pit area has NO camping wrote on it.
    Camping in the RV hook up area is $15.00 a night.

Fair grounds is located right beside Hwy 51 on the right if your going north.

Sounds & looks exciting because of the size of the place & RV hook up, just have to see when we get there.
    Neil
    C-Leigh Racing Team
    In memory of Caraleigh Pritchard
    1979 - 1992

Team riders, 2017 Extreme Dirt Track
    # 25 450R Honda, Chuckie Creech, Pro, Pro Am, Pro Am Unlimited class
    # 25, 450R Honda, Andrea Creech, Womens class

Round#2 Bummer!

Half of the Quad Squad went to Round #2 . The races were called due to rain that stopped soon after it was called and places were awarded to heat races that were ran. Not all heat races were ran and some came to race and never raced and recieved only half of their entry fee back. I think the lack of orginization has lead to some very mixed feelings toward Extreme Dirt Track Nationals. Sunday should be reserved for rain outs but horse buggies were already using the track on Sunday. Weird huh! It's like we never planned on Sunday. If we are going to spend the money to come to these events we would like more thought going into the planning and actually trying to race! I hope the sport continues to grow and this really hurts in the pocket book! I hope that if we attend more in the future that their will be better preperation.

www.quadsquadracing.com
    Quad Squad Race Team
    www.quadsquadracing.com
    Extreme Dirt Track Racing and Short Track Oval and TT
    Brock #444
    Colby #231
    Jaycie #445
    Grayson #443
    Chase #221-MX -WPSA, ATVA

Welcome to the Extreme Wet Track Nationals ladies and gentlemen...as far as the Duquoin race goes, there was no human error for once as far as the scoring went, the trackside computer system was messed waaay up. The rain didn't help either making the day start slow and go slow the rest of the day. As much as people wanted to complain Satuday for the race being called off, it was the right decision because we stayed the night and it was about to pour some more right as we rolled out around 11:00AM. The track would have taken 3 or so hours to prepare and by that time it would have rained some more...ruining the whole day and wasting everyones time...But in the end everyone was scored right and got their little plaques and went home. The EDT just needs to have better consistency with everything pertaining to the series, whether the consistency is bad or good, it needs to be CONSISTENT

anyways...I had a lot of fun around the fair grounds runnin around on the pitbike in the mud and racing when I got the chance I took 1st in 265A leading the other heat by 9 seconds, and won the ProductionA leading the next fastest heat by 5 seconds so it was a good weekend for me as far as points..I didn't get to race my 4-Stokre A heat because of rain so it's a 7 race series for that class

Hope to see everyone at Virginia

our group also spent the night and when we got up around 7:30 the sun was out bright and hot.. when we left the track at 10:30 it was still hot and very sunny.. things must of changed fast .. but I guess anything is possible .. I had already made up my mind that when we got home to check the weather for DuQuoin just to see how much rain they had Sunday..

I think what made most people mad was the fact that the race was called saturday and not waited til sunday to see for sure what happened.. alot of people spend alot of money to get to these races and they feel like everything possible should be done to get them in.. and I'm still not sure I understand the way the Pro races were done .. after all the LCQ's were never run.. ??

ok here is what i found

http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-...&zipcode=62832

MapPrecipitation
    Past 3 Hours:0.00 inPast 6 Hours:0.00 inPast 24 Hours:0.10 in
    Precipitation Map
    Current RadarVisibility
    Visibility:10 MilesCloud Cover:78 %Ceiling:16400 ft
    Current SatelliteAccuWeather.com Map CenterIlinois Radar

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast