Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frame prediction?

Question Frame prediction?

I think it will have a SST frame like the Outlander
    SFC RET
    06 Outlaw
    07 540 Outlaw
    00 DS730

i highly, highly doubt it will have that type of frame, im going to say its aluminum.
    NEATV-MX #51.
    06 Walsh/LSR/Axis 450R - Gone
    07 Walsh/JB/PEP 450R - Gone
    07 Gibson/JB/PEP 450R - Gone

To be the lightest they will have too due something out of the box. How about a aluminum SST frame.
    SFC RET
    06 Outlaw
    07 540 Outlaw
    00 DS730

To be honest, I'm clueless. If they are claiming the lightest 450, they are going to have something unique. While I'm sure an SST frame is possible, nobody has really seen one on a sport quad... It will definitely be interesting...
    #76 2002 Cannondale
    DirtSurfers
    Iowa OHV
    IATVHSS

but if they continue to make this frames ligther the will break more
    06 ltr450

Pro Taper Charmichael, Fly racing Barpad and Clamps, Cherry bomb, pro armor nerfs, ac racing bumper, removed baffle and lid, lonestar graphics and seat cover, hisnson complete clutch, hinson clutch cover, maxxis razr mx on the rear on douglas beadlocks, Acerbic HandGuards (Black), Renthal 13th front sprocket, KandN Filter, Outwear, Full yosh system, rental diamond grips, Pro desing Kil switch

They have been at this since 2001. Which is before the Cdales and other 450s. So really they had no clue where to start except to be better than a 400EX. I'm guessing the final concept was to be better than the YFZ or a Cdale and go from there. I really doubt they would start over after seeing the LTR or KFX and try building a whole new quad to beat them in a one year or 6 months.
    White 06' LTR450....sold
    '08 LTR450 getting revamped.....

Originally posted by LTR450_#67
    They have been at this since 2001. Which is before the Cdales and other 450s. So really they had no clue where to start except to be better than a 400EX. I'm guessing the final concept was to be better than the YFZ or a Cdale and go from there. I really doubt they would start over after seeing the LTR or KFX and try building a whole new quad to beat them in a one year or 6 months.
    No, but im sure they tweaked it a little after the LTR, possibly added a few inches to the width or something relativly simple.
    NEATV-MX #51.
    06 Walsh/LSR/Axis 450R - Gone
    07 Walsh/JB/PEP 450R - Gone
    07 Gibson/JB/PEP 450R - Gone

This is completely abstract and nothing I have heard points to this, but to truly be revolutionary perhaps a multipiece frame like the Raptor 700 with aluminum and chrome moly...maybe the lower rail is chro-mo to be compact and take a bashing like the lower part of the SST while the upper is more traditional split frame design out of alloy.

Really though we will see the frame on the 12th anyway.

TPR

for those of us who don't know, what does SST stand for?

Originally posted by Dill
    for those of us who don't know, what does SST stand for?
    Surrounding Spar Technology. It is a continuous steel frame the fellows the center line of the quad using fewer welds, less material and less weight
    SFC RET
    06 Outlaw
    07 540 Outlaw
    00 DS730

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast