Thread: 06 450r vs can-am

06 450r vs can-am

well this kid got a can-am 800 and he wants to race my 450r in a drag...what do you think i can do with him...ive got hrc kit, k&n filter, WB carbon pro 2 exhaust, and i just recently dropped to a set of holeshot mxr6 18s on the back...what u rekon i can do with his quad i wanna shut him up
    IF YOU DONT HAVE WINGS U DONT HAVE A PRAYER!!

2004 Honda Rancher 400 A/t: Project quad. mods to come after i repair it

2006 TRX 450ER: HRC kit, AC blackline pro peg nerfbars, AC front bumper, DOXO shockwears, DMP Graphics kit

(SOLD)2002 400ex: shaved front plastics, k&n air filter, rejetted carb, Holeshot mxr rears, holeshot mx fronts, ac pro peg nerfs, ac front bumper, tag handle bars, Magnum rev box,nacs head light caps, nacs E brake block off, TC shorty exhaust, n-style graphics kit, and dirtbike clutch lever and perch

I blew one away by a couple lengths from bottom to top while he was in 2x4 but then his buddy with the same quad raced me in 4x4 and almost got me but I still stayed half to a full bike infront. Don't underestimate those things, damn quick for a car-sized quad...

BTW, this was on a well packed dirt field, it might be different on a road.

-Martin
    2006Honda 450ER

2006Kawasaki KVF700 Prairie

so i should beat him....by a lil bit....i mean if i loose i dont care...that just gives me more incentive to put a 13.5:1 in it.....i aint been beat yet but nothin....knock on wood so i aint had to worrie about the piston

2006 TRX 450ER: HRC kit, AC blackline pro peg nerfbars, AC front bumper, DOXO shockwears, DMP Graphics kit

(SOLD)2002 400ex: shaved front plastics, k&n air filter, rejetted carb, Holeshot mxr rears, holeshot mx fronts, ac pro peg nerfs, ac front bumper, tag handle bars, Magnum rev box,nacs head light caps, nacs E brake block off, TC shorty exhaust, n-style graphics kit, and dirtbike clutch lever and perch

did you re-gear when you went to 18's

if not he will kill you top end (may anyway)

it may be close in a straight line but if you can ride you should be able to get him,

I have about the same set up with rossier exhaust and I am 3-4 lengths ahead in 300' (stock tires/gearing)
    2006 trx450r
    2006 yfz450
    2008 400ex
    1999 400ex
    2008 250ex
    2011 rzr S

Not that i know anything about them. But u should burn him through the top of 5th. The 18s may give him an edge in top speed. But who cares about that.

Originally posted by 450rJam
    did you re-gear when you went to 18's

if not he will kill you top end (may anyway)

it may be close in a straight line but if you can ride you should be able to get him,

I have about the same set up with rossier exhaust and I am 3-4 lengths ahead in 300' (stock tires/gearing)

i aint gonna run him no more then maybe a few hundred feet...my bike really aint good for no quater or 1/8th mile with them 18s on it...it revs out 2 quick...my 20s are slick and i cant get them to hook so i would def loose due to not bein able to hook up

i work at a can am dealer ship and i brought one home this week end and my stock 06 smoked it we raced maybe 5- 600 feet he might pull on you in the long run those 800's are capible of doing 70- 75

Race him it will be fun. You need to race 400ft maybe 500 at most. A 1/4 mile is 1320 feet to long for either bike.