Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: will these work??

will these work??

I have a set of 12" Elka dual rate shocks that I want to use on a drr90.The way I measure it the drr stock shocks are 12 1/2".Will the 12" elkas I have work allright?

From everything I heard...that is what you want to use. I haven't had to go there yet, but Sam is getting more and more air.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Thanks for the reply.Sounds good.I was hoping there wouldn't be any issues with them.

Actually they may not.They could change the angle unless you have alot of adjustment. It just depends on the overall ride height.
    If the quad already sits flat somewhat, then that will only increase it and the A-Arms could actually start to point upward and the nose may want to dive.

I guess you could slap em on and see how they look and go from there.
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

I talked to Kool Kidz atv today and they said they aren't going to work right,they will definately be too short.Then I talked to Elka to see about possibly changing the shafts or something to make them work and they said I'd just have to get new shocks
    Oh well.....that's the way it goes sometimes

Well at least you got the answer ahead of time .

Thats too bad they wont work.
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

Elka does make shocks that bolt right up...

I have contacted them before in regards to this.

Re: will these work??

Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
    I have a set of 12" Elka dual rate shocks that I want to use on a drr90.The way I measure it the drr stock shocks are 12 1/2".Will the 12" elkas I have work allright?
    Single A-Arm bike?

Send me your A-Arms and shocks and I will re-mount the lower shock mount for you and they will work fine.

Brad the drr is dual a arm.

If the bike is a dual A-arm it will only lower the front ride height maybe 1/2" at the most. If the shocks are for a single A-arm setup then they might sprung to soft for the dual setup... but they will fit. If you have 12 1/2" shocks on it now, they do compress to 12" in length don't they? That is where the Elka's will be at full length. I mean the shocks do get longer and shorter don't they? sorry about the sarcasm

Kool Kids and Elka, I hope, are talking about the ultimate shock setup when they say they won't work.

Measure the bike with the stock shocks: full extension - full compression - force required. Then put on the Elka's and do it again. Then make your decision if you want to spend more money on the optimum shock if you want to.

I can move the dual set up for you... but shock height is not as critical, as you know, as it is with the single arm setup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast