Thread: will this work?

will this work?

I have a 300ex...White brother pipe uni filter and uni air box...would i be able to put a 400ex carb on it? If so would it make any kind of performance increase or is it a waste of time and money? Thanks

yea, Ive heard of putting a stock 400ex carb on a 300ex. You might have to change the jetting though...

ive heard of it too....depends on what uve got done to yer motor too

Why don't you just get a bigger aftermarket carb?

GT300 is offline Some1 to represent da 80s

400 carb

It will work. If you do it be sure to get a 350x air boot for it. The 300 air boot is too small and will fall off. An aftermarket carb for the 300 is more expensive than a 400ex carb and performance is around the same. You can get them for around 50 bucks off of ebay since a lot of people change their 400 carb anyway.
    250R w/ some go fast goodies

i put a 400 carb on my 330 a few years ago i noticed better throttle response if my memory serves me right we got the airbox boot to strech over the carb and used a bigger clamp
    2003 SPONSORS/ELKA SUSPENTION/KLOTZ SPECIAL FORMULATED PRODUCTS/DENTON RACING/HINSON CLUTCH COMPONENTS/CEET TECHNOLOGY/NAC'S RACING/IMS PRODUCTS/MOOSE BRAKES/WISECO PISTONS/PROFABATV.COM/BO'S RADICAL RACER/OUTDOOR ADVENTURES/

GT300 is offline Some1 to represent da 80s

air boot

I heard that it falls off when you jump.
    250R w/ some go fast goodies

i used a radiator hose clamp and run 2 1/2 hour hs never fell off . barrow sombodys carb and try it for a day what is it going to hurt
    2003 SPONSORS/ELKA SUSPENTION/KLOTZ SPECIAL FORMULATED PRODUCTS/DENTON RACING/HINSON CLUTCH COMPONENTS/CEET TECHNOLOGY/NAC'S RACING/IMS PRODUCTS/MOOSE BRAKES/WISECO PISTONS/PROFABATV.COM/BO'S RADICAL RACER/OUTDOOR ADVENTURES/