Thread: Ignition ????'s

Ignition ????'s

Just wondering if you guys have had any issues with your ignition and or timing?

I am having hell trying to get my daughters quad running. It is backfiring, loading up, it can't idle for more than a half minute or so. At first I thought it was me, but after numerous experienced people have looked at it and talked to the Apex people themselves, we are all stumped.

thanks,

Kelly

check for air leaks around your manifold and carb. tighten all bolts on reeds, carb intake and filter.

Lightbulb

check your crank seals our done the same thing and it blowed the crank seals and also are you running race gas that could be a problem

Are you running the Keihin or Keihin knock off power jet carb? If so have you cleaned the carb to include the air ports in the mouth of the carb? What I have found is that when the power jet function is used it sucks fuel/oil into the air tracts and plugs them up and they run like crap. If you haven't gave it a good cleaning, try it and if it does work for you plug the power jet line and go up on your main jet or just replace the carb. I've got a pile of them if anyone needs one ...
    WPSA 90 CVT #2
    07' APEX 90MXR
    Probably not the fastest, but hopefully fast enough...

I'll take the whole pile if the price is right. wrhracing@yahoo.com