Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xr200 Carb On 250ex

Xr200 Carb On 250ex

JUST GOT MY BRAND NEW $50 (ON EBAY) XR200 CARB AND YES IT FIT PERFECTLY ON INTAKE AND ON THE FILTER SIDE ALSO ,BUT YOU HAVE TO REALLY PUSH A BIT! THE CHOKE BRACKET SWAPS OVER PERFECTLY.NOTICE THAT SOME XR200 MODELS ACTUALLY HAVE THE BRACKET FROM FACTORY!(ON EBAY)THE ONLY THING THAT DOES NOT FIT RIGHT UP IS THE THROTTLE CABLE. THE XR CARB HAS A BIGGER PISTON AND THE 250EX CAP WONT COME OFF THE STOCK CABLE SO I PLAN ON GETTING A NEW CABLE OR MAYBE CONVERT TO TWIST THROTTLE! I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED AS WHAT WORKS, HOPE THIS HELPS SOME OF U 250EX RIDERS!

(2) 06 250EX ONE RED ONE BLACK
    06 400EX RED
    O7 TRX450R WHITE
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg w.jpg (98.4 KB, 470 views)

Cool, let us know how it works when you get it hooked up.
    406ex - January '13 QOTM

i hook up the xr carb ,found that it just barely clears the 250ex intake(the xr o-ring gasket is a lot bigger).i went to cyclegear and the manager let me go thur some throttle cables found one that look right but inner cable was too long.dying to hear what it would sound like i open the fuel to the carb(by the way the xr carb fuel inlet is a lot smaller then the ex,just use adapter) and the ex started instanly sounds great with the hmf full pipe,its runs a bit on the fat(rich) side here in tampa (sealevel).will let u know what jet i end up with!will post pics soon. i will try to get the right cable tomorrow. will keep u posted

That looks nice. Where do you ride in Florida.
    1927 T Bucket:
    -355 sbc

Honda 250ex:
    Jardine RT-4

I am putting a carb from a crf150f on my wife's recon. Everything bolts up great except for the throttle cable. The top of the crf carb is 30mm across. Please let me know what you use for a cable. Thanks.

OK , i finally got to work on my wifes 06 250ex again, heres a recap i bought a xr200 carb from ebay($50) took the choke bracket off the ex carb and installed on xr, fit perfect. installed xr carb on 250 with no problem!then i found that i could not use the 250 throttle cable on xr carb. cap was to small to use on xr. so as i mention before i went to cyclegear and found a motion pro cable the part number u will see on one of the pic. this outer cable was right size but the inner cable was too long, found that u can unsolder the piston side of the cable,cut the cable then resolder end back on cable.i was able to use the stock air box along with the kn filter for 250ex .u can see in one of the pic the fuel hose adapter i made,i put a small section of plastic tube inside so it would not flatten smaller fuel line!i then put on a fresh plug(original was 1yr 8 month old).i am using a hmf full pipe system .found the carb ran to low on idle so adjusted up.next found that it would bog down if i would hit throttle hard.finally after three changes, found that the clip on the fifth slot(down) work best(tampa is sealevel)i think the original jet is a 110 plan to change to 115 or 120.i have not ran it on top end,but it lift the wheels by just hardly hitting throttle!think everyone should go for this swap its fairly cheap!found many of these carb still for sale on ebay!

below the cable on piston side of carb that i unsolder an made shorter

this is what the throttle side looks like after i cut and resolder end,i use the original cable for proper lenght

this is the motion pro cable i used

thanks for the info on the throrttle cable. i sent my old cable and the cap from the new carb to terry racing to have them build me a new one.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast