Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KFX450 starting problems

KFX450 starting problems

I'm having issue with this quad starting. I have about 7 hrs on the quad.
    When the quad is cold, it takes a couple trys to get it to start. That is with the choke/ fast idle adjustment pulled. Once the quad is warm (5 mins or so) I can turn it off and then try and start it again and it will not fire up. I have the choke off and I'm also trying the ( on/off method) with the key switch to prime the fuel pump. It seems like the intake valves might be too tight?? It will backfire thru the exhaust every once in a while. Now, if I go out riding for a while and stall the quad it will fire right up. However, if I let set for 5 min's or so, it takes forever to get it started. I talked to Yokley at loretta's this weekend and he said to adjust the throttle positioning sensor????

BTW, air filter is clean and it has plenty of gas..

Here are the mods I have on the quad: Uncorked exhaust, removed air box lid. (uncorked exhaust/removed lid) PC III Map.

Dude don't even worry about it. Everyone on here had experienced the same problem. So far after 10 hours and some very hard riding on the quad your starting problem will go away. It did for me. Its starts up immediately now. Just give it some time.

It just needs time to break in and loosen up. From what I hear it goes away fast like feature05 said.
    Randy

Can Am DS450
    - Flexx Bars
    - Hipers
    - Motoworks air filter
    - Rossier Exhaust
    - X-Package Skids
    - A-Arm Guards
    - Razor 2's

I sure hope so. I corked the exhaust and added the stock map from the PC3. I'm charging the battery and I'll try it again tomorrow.

starting problems

people need to look there is a choke lever on the throttle body wait for the fuel pump to quit a couple of pumps on the throttle and no touch the throttle it starts good hot dont touch the throttle and it starts touch the gas and it floods
    r11ooboy

Re: starting problems

Originally posted by r1100boy
    people need to look there is a choke lever on the throttle body wait for the fuel pump to quit a couple of pumps on the throttle and no touch the throttle it starts good hot dont touch the throttle and it starts touch the gas and it floods
    <Mat>

2007 YFZ 450.....with some goodies!!

www.triple777racing.com

"Dude, Don't laugh............I think I broke something"

ohsobad_chevy

LOL...........my thoughts exactly..........LOL

Are you serious??? There is a Choke on the throttle body and I should not touch the throttle

I think we have already decided that the quad doesn't like the throttle touch before starting it and yes I think I can speak for all of us when I say we know where the choke/ idle adjustment is located.

However, thanks for you input.

Mine starts like a champ-has since day one. I think some people are just

2008 KFX450R

WWW.IATVHSS.COM

now now rookie.. some "quads" start easier than others.

I swear it's not operator error

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast