Thread: predator 500 PROBLEM HELP

predator 500 PROBLEM HELP

Hello all my friend has a 04 500 and we ride for about an hour threw the trails and his quad just shuts off and is dead to the world it will not start eh electric is shut off i mean the lights everything you cant pull start it then you just wait about 5-10 min and the lights come on and the quad starts up and away you go then if you continue to ride it it will do it again in about the same time. i charcked all the connections and all and nonde were shoirted or burnt. he is not real mech inclined but i am and i nver worked on a polaris before i am a honda man myself but i wanted to to help. so any help would be great thanks again tim

Time to get the service manual out the charging system is not working.
    SFC RET
    06 Outlaw
    07 540 Outlaw
    00 DS730

there should be 2 black "bags" around the botom of the gas tank area. Theyre like fuses, chances are theyre blown....heats up breaks connection, cools resumes connection. Might wanna check there.

check ur carb it did it to me too and it might be a valve the is cracked or leaking cheakc it out goog dlcujk
    DD

check ur carb it did it to me too and it might be a valve the is cracked or leaking cheakc it out goog dlcujk
    DD

DD

DD