Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is everybody so racist to predators?

Why is everybody so racist to predators?

I dont understand why people are so racist to predators they are prolly one of the wackiest rides ive ever been on i mean you slap on a pure polaris pipe and some nerfs buy some life insurance and your good to go and dont start with how ugly they are because its probably one of the coolest looking bikes out there if u ask me.
    '07 250ex
    20 inch razr tires
    ITP C-series sport wheel

'03 kawasaki bayou 250- Cleaned up
    '04 yamaha breeze-sisters

I love predators. Most people dont like them cause of there weight and most people here dont like polaris
    2001 honda 440ex
    -big bore 440 kit, white bros slip on, nacs graphics, hot cams stage 2, omf air scoops, Blue renthal fat bars, k&n air filter and pre filter, prm skid plates, ac front bumper, peg extensions, ex racing chain, blue frame, douglas rear rims, gusseted frame, hinson clutch, parkbrake block off, DG fat nerfs, Msr donominator clucth perch and Msr hp lever, Fat bar pad, Pro Grip grips, Maxxis Razr tires, Maier 250r hood, White Bros Rev limiter, Works G series tripple rates.

2000 polaris scrambler 500

they have a bad reputation nationwide. i understand american's supporting american products but quality comes first. the jap's build a better quad so thats why they sell so many. i'm talking utes and sport quads.
    2006 700R
    SPARKS BIG CORE EXHAUST
    PCIII
    SPARKS RACING AIR FILTER
    15T PRIMARY DRIVE SPROCKET
    GYT-R SKIDS

It's simple people are intimidated. They are a fast quad. And as far as the working on the quad....it's the same as a jap motor if you know what your doin. I've had two polaris quads and now I have a KFX. One is just as easy to work on as the other.

I love my pred. Got buddies with Hondas and Suzukis, that are amazed by the stock suspension and handling of my pred. They may be heavier, but they are build stronger (axle, a-arms, shocks)

How many jap bikes come stock with Fox racing shocks, douglas wheels, maxxis tires, willwood brakes, 10" of front travel, 11" of rear travel, fuel pump, and a pro steering box?
    '03 Polaris Predator-Pure Polaris nerf bars, Tag T2 fat bars and Trail Tech logo clamp, White Brothers XC bumper, Pro Design tether kill, Twin Air clamp-on and Outerwear with modified intake, billet exhaust tip, Mikuni jet kit

I have been dealing with it for the past 5 years. It is going to take a while to break free from the stigma of heavy/slow automatics cause that is all they sold forever. We are slowly getting a better rep. Alot of folks look at who is winning in the quad race sports even though they will probably never race. Polaris has only dipped into the quad sport race scene in 2003. Polaris is starting to realize that weight is probably one of the biggest issues that people don't like. Every year they are improving on weight and performance. The Jap quads have had a big head start on us. I raced my Predator for three years in the GNCC's and last year on my Outlaw after getting the bugs worked out of it, am faster than I ever have been. Next year they will have the bugs worked out of the new 525 and I am getting one then and then back to the GNCC series.
    It's just hatred and jealousy....LOL!
    Many thanks to my sponsors -
    Weekend Warrior Motorsports
    Blackwood Electrical Co. Inc.
    Bairs Polaris of N. Canton-Bairsinc.com
    MXBOOTBUNNY.COM
    Cardio Stack
    GNCC C Class 35+
    OMA Nationals C Class
    AWRCS 4 Stroke Class
    CRA Senior II XC
    CRA Senior Class MX
    2006 Outlaw #303

Originally posted by Big Chuck
    I have been dealing with it for the past 5 years. It is going to take a while to break free from the stigma of heavy/slow automatics cause that is all they sold forever. We are slowly getting a better rep. Alot of folks look at who is winning in the quad race sports even though they will probably never race. Polaris has only dipped into the quad sport race scene in 2003. Polaris is starting to realize that weight is probably one of the biggest issues that people don't like. Every year they are improving on weight and performance. The Jap quads have had a big head start on us. I raced my Predator for three years in the GNCC's and last year on my Outlaw after getting the bugs worked out of it, am faster than I ever have been. Next year they will have the bugs worked out of the new 525 and I am getting one then and then back to the GNCC series.
    It's just hatred and jealousy....LOL!
    couldnt have said it better myself
    2001 honda 440ex
    -big bore 440 kit, white bros slip on, nacs graphics, hot cams stage 2, omf air scoops, Blue renthal fat bars, k&n air filter and pre filter, prm skid plates, ac front bumper, peg extensions, ex racing chain, blue frame, douglas rear rims, gusseted frame, hinson clutch, parkbrake block off, DG fat nerfs, Msr donominator clucth perch and Msr hp lever, Fat bar pad, Pro Grip grips, Maxxis Razr tires, Maier 250r hood, White Bros Rev limiter, Works G series tripple rates.

2000 polaris scrambler 500

hatred and jealousy...nahhh...and this is coming from from someone giving an honest opinion on why I DO NBOT LIKE polaris...so i should not be bashed...i won't stand for it...it was asked, i am answering honestly...

1. i have known about 15 guys that have bought polaris...at least 12 of them are very mechanically inclined and maintained their machines very well, better than most do actually...all 15 had problems within the first year of buy int the machines...10 were bought new also...

2. one of those 15 was a predator...it honestly hadnled like crap to me...the steering was all over the place...no matter what i did on the jumps, i cold not keep the nose from overly diving on me...landing it after the jump on the few times that the front didn't drop too far, was just too hard...

3. ergonically, all of them have been very uncomfortable.

4. the polaris owners taunt that they have the best machine at the best price, at least until it breaks...then they still taunt...while they miss riding because their bike is inoperable

again, this is just my take on the question...it is drawn from my experiences, my obversations, and i should not be shot down for it...

everyone of my friends that i ride with have had troubles with their machines ,400ex's, 450r 's, 'yfz's,250r's.every thing and everyone . i had no less and,no more trouble than any of them,and i ride more in rough terain than any of them .every machine has their weak spots. i rode a honda for 14 years and i love my pred.. who cares what people( that you don't know) think about your pred,it is just brand loyalty after all. i tease my friends about their machines too.... by the way, my pred is better than your pred.
    05 tld predator .pure polaris exaust ,um airbox,gt thunder suspension

I put my STOCK pred in 32nd and 26th overall in the morning the last 2 gnccs. I had a yfz, but it wouldnt stay together. It was mostly aftermarket. I rode the last 3 gnccs, and i have only changed the oil and cleaned the air filter before the races, nothing else. Personally, I believe it is a great quad, and that there is a bike for everyone. A yfz is for people under 6 feet tall, and a Pred is great for 6' and above.
    The surgeon general never said anything about smoking your friends.

GNCC #936
    05 Predator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast