Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is everybody so racist to predators?

Well I bought a pred because it was different, I have torn the motor appart 4 times, 1st was about six months old and had a bad crank barring (or so the mechanic said), 2nd jumped time and bent some valves (I think the first mechanic had a lot to do with it), 3rd was the bolts on the back of the fly wheel (I think that was the first problem too), 4th was the 4th gear in the tranny(tore it down my self had a friend help with the gears in tranny and put it back together) Since then its been a great bike though
    03 Pred fmf factory 4,big gun rev box, 12.5 to 1 weisco piston, web cams, some portwork,41mm FCR,no air box,13/40 sprockets. sold

04 yfz450, athena 480 kit, hot rods +3mm stroker crank, drag ported, Anadized factory 4, rev box, esr intake, Hot cams, 13/40 sprockes, +4 swing arm, running on methyonal with 10 paddle extreems (wifes bike)

06 Silver Brute 750, winch, 7 series rims, 28" EDL Vampires, 2" lift, Highlifter springs, clutch kit, ignition box

to me the pred is like an ugly girl that is stuck up, just not enough reason.

the preds are above average in performance and handleing but most owners swear its the fastest/best handleing bla bla bla.

I respect the preds for what they are, a different look (I like it)
    and decent power and handleing.

big chuck hit alot of points also about the old polaris auto pokes.

polaris still targets more utility minded consumers imo.
    2006 trx450r
    2006 yfz450
    2008 400ex
    1999 400ex
    2008 250ex
    2011 rzr S

Polaris has a bad rep in the racing community for really no reason. The Predator has been competitive even at the highest level in GNCC (Smiley 5th overall in '05 for the season) even with its weight disadvantage. It wasn't designed for MX. Now the Outlaw 525 has shown well but the results haven't really been better than the standard Outlaw. It goes to show that weight and speed are not the biggest factors in GNCC racing. Even Eichner showed us the Outlaw's ability by running 2nd in the Pro WORCS race which is a mix of off road and some MX.

I find the Predator to be the most comfortable to me (at 6'2" 225) in the woods and I'm faster on it than any other. With just the pipe it will stay with anything else.

Now the Polaris quads from the 90's there were a lot of problems. That is where people get the bad reps from.

The Polaris sport quads today are great performers. Keep in mind they have only been in this since '03.
    '05 XC/GNCC Predator 500, Hipers, I-Razrs

Play Hard - Live Hard - Ride Hard

Originally posted by Predator Slim
    I love my pred. Got buddies with Hondas and Suzukis, that are amazed by the stock suspension and handling of my pred. They may be heavier, but they are build stronger (axle, a-arms, shocks)

How many jap bikes come stock with Fox racing shocks, douglas wheels, maxxis tires, willwood brakes, 10" of front travel, 11" of rear travel, fuel pump, and a pro steering box?

Dont forget about the braided brake lines.

I am very impressed with the pred because its the first polaris sport quad with a manual clutch. All the jap brands have had years to work out problems.

For a bike that has only been around since 2003 it's pretty bad ***. It's done pretty well racing against bikes a lot lighter and that have been around a hell of lot longer.

I have yet to have any problems with my '06 TLD.

Eicnher just took his 1st win for the Polaris team this past wk end
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12