Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heard a rumor

Heard a rumor

heard apex is getting ready to put aluminum radiators in the quads from the factory.

Mark
    " A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying.... Dang that was fun"

Mark

Bubba ( son )
    2005 YFZ450, 08 motor,Bike cam, Laeger Plus 2 a-arms, Elka shocks, GYTR Exhaust, Holeshots on Baja rims, AC Pro Pegs, G- Force axle

2009 Sponsor: Asv, SixSixOne. Oneal Racing, Houser Racing, GT Thunder, Nacs Racing, Elka

THEY NEED TO WORK ON THE TRANNY 1st . THAT WAY IT WILL RUN SOME LAPS TO GET HOT.

Mark now dang it what did i tell you about rumors

77RACERDAD YOUR POLARIS HAS THE SAME TRANS AS THE APEX

yes that is true, but one of the new Apex riders was a previous Polaris rider. This boy raced for over a year on his polaris and never broke a tranny. He has had his Apex for 3 weeks now and is on his 4th tranny.

Originally posted by 77racerdad
    THEY NEED TO WORK ON THE TRANNY 1st . THAT WAY IT WILL RUN SOME LAPS TO GET HOT.
    We race 2 apex 90 pro mx since last august with stock transmissions till dec. then bushing modded the trans as a precaution . But have never broke a trans and have finished every race. heres a pic Im including to show you we run them hard. Its the riders.

Special thanks to 11-12 Sponsors

East Coast Performance

I am not trying to sound so negative about the Apex,
    I am also interested in getting my son one, but I don't want to go out and buy one until the tranny problems are solved. We just haven't seen them perform. We have raced with them and never seen one finish a race. 3 Apex riders all broke trannys.
    And some more aggressive than others. But they still all had the same problem.

I bet he rides his Apex harder than his Polaris too. It depends on the riders size as well as ability. A 95 pound kid is going to be harder on the bike than a 55 pound kid. They may not be replacing the inner needle bearing after every set of gears the bearing is the reason for the failure.

apex, kasea, drr, eton, polaris and a few more all the same cases and same trannies except for output shafts. i cant count how many we broke on our eton before we put a tranny saver on it.

Mark
    " A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying.... Dang that was fun"

Mark

Bubba ( son )
    2005 YFZ450, 08 motor,Bike cam, Laeger Plus 2 a-arms, Elka shocks, GYTR Exhaust, Holeshots on Baja rims, AC Pro Pegs, G- Force axle

2009 Sponsor: Asv, SixSixOne. Oneal Racing, Houser Racing, GT Thunder, Nacs Racing, Elka

I heard a rumor they are also coming from the factory with the bushing installed. On the next version.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast