Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: APEX ? looking to purchase new pros/cons

APEX ? looking to purchase new pros/cons

Hey guys i have been looking at one of these for my son he is 6 and rides a lt80 right now mostly stock. Any feedback as far as pros or cons i am really interested in purchasing one of these. He is a beginner in racing has been riding since he was 3 i just want to get him something out of the box i don't have to do much to thanks.
    2006 TRX450ER
    HOUSER SLICAST L/T +2.5
    FOX FLOAT EVOL
    FOX PODIUM REAR W/GTT LINK
    LSR AXCALIBAR +2
    LSR STEM +2
    LSR SPROCKET GUARD
    LSR SKID PLATE
    HRC KIT
    K&N DYNO TUNED
    K&N FILTER & POWER LID
    HRC HEADER/HMF CARBON FIBER RACE CORE
    QUADTECH HOOD
    JETTRIM STEP SEAT
    HIPER REARS 9x9 DBL
    HIPER FRONTS 10x5 SBL
    ITP QUADCROSS 20/6/10
    ITP MXR4 19/10/9
    PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERFS
    BLINGSTAR DC RACER BUMPER
    FASST BARS
    POWERMADD
    PRO ARMOR SKID PLATE
    QUADFORCE GRAPHICS

the 3 apex mxr 90 that has ran the race with us did not make it to the end had to push them back. WE run a 05 polaris 90 with pipe & clutch mod. they all pulled holeshot .and pulled some on us we normally are right their with others. they have good brakes & good feel to the suspension.one dad let me & my boy ride it. just one thing bad is the tranny. I want to get one but if i do i will do the tranny saver and the bearing upgrade

Thank for the reply i just don't know if i should buy one of these or race out his lt80, I kinda want to have a race only bike so he can still ride at other places on his lt80.
    2006 TRX450ER
    HOUSER SLICAST L/T +2.5
    FOX FLOAT EVOL
    FOX PODIUM REAR W/GTT LINK
    LSR AXCALIBAR +2
    LSR STEM +2
    LSR SPROCKET GUARD
    LSR SKID PLATE
    HRC KIT
    K&N DYNO TUNED
    K&N FILTER & POWER LID
    HRC HEADER/HMF CARBON FIBER RACE CORE
    QUADTECH HOOD
    JETTRIM STEP SEAT
    HIPER REARS 9x9 DBL
    HIPER FRONTS 10x5 SBL
    ITP QUADCROSS 20/6/10
    ITP MXR4 19/10/9
    PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERFS
    BLINGSTAR DC RACER BUMPER
    FASST BARS
    POWERMADD
    PRO ARMOR SKID PLATE
    QUADFORCE GRAPHICS

The APEX trans is the same as the Polaris and DRR they all use the same bearings and gears. The Apex usually has a more agressive rider on them not to mention these bikes are getting run harder and faster than most. It really depends on the rider and how they ride. There are some good fixes for these transmissions we had a bushing installed in ours by East Coast Performance and have had no problems since.

does the apex have reverse gears like the 05 polaris that we run they have more bearings & more gears and yes their are good fixes one of the apex of the 3 got the tranny saver on for the race and made all of the race his mom & dad was so happy after 4 repairs in two weeks.

Originally posted by miniquad
    The APEX trans is the same as the Polaris and DRR they all use the same bearings and gears. The Apex usually has a more agressive rider on them not to mention these bikes are getting run harder and faster than most. It really depends on the rider and how they ride. There are some good fixes for these transmissions we had a bushing installed in ours by East Coast Performance and have had no problems since.
    Same gears and bearings that is true. But the problem is not in the gears or the bearings. We believe we have figured out the problem and will let you all know soon after we finish some more testing.
    WWW.FINISHLAST.ORG

Originally posted by TRX450RACER174
    Thank for the reply i just don't know if i should buy one of these or race out his lt80, I kinda want to have a race only bike so he can still ride at other places on his lt80.
    Take a look into the DRR.
    WWW.FINISHLAST.ORG

IS that the fix cool

i took a long look at both bikes and there are pros and cons for both but epending on the size of your rider it can make a differance, if hes small id go with the drr there platform is a little shorter then the apex, the apex although a good bike is much longer and seems more suitable for a tall or larger rider, but my prefrence is the drx .

before buying talk to several apex owners , alot of them I know are not happy with apex. check out the drr's and talk to some of the DRR owners . most of the owners will be honest and you will be glad you got the first hand info. Most dealers are honest but they are biased and they are trying to sell you something.

drr wizard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast