Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 250ex Rev Boxes Look Here

250ex Rev Boxes Look Here

SO, I BOUGHT ONE OF THOSE AMR RACING ORANGE REV BOXES. CURIOSITY MORE THAN ANYTHING SINCE I GOT IT FOR $50 SHIPPED.

ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THESE?

FIRST, I STARTED MY QUAD AND I DID NOTICE IT STARTED A LITTLE EASIER, MAYBE MY IMAGINATION, BUT I DID NOT IMAGINE THAT IT IMMEDIATELY IDLED A LITTLE BETTER THAN NORMAL ON A COLD START.

SECOND, I PEGGED THE THROTTLE, AND YES, THERE IS A DEFINATE REV LIMIT INCREASE, ALTHOUGH IT FEELS AND SOUNDS LIKE TWICE AS HIGH AS BEFORE.

THIRD, MY NEUTRAL LIGHT STAYS ON IN ALL GEARS. NOT REALLY A BIG DEAL TO ME SINCE I USUALLY CAN "FEEL" WHAT GEAR I AM IN. THE PLUS SIDE TO THAT IS THAT I CAN START IT IN ANY GEAR AS WELL!!

THE BOX WAS CONSIDERABLY SMALLER THAN MY STOCK BOX, SO IF I DECIDE TO KEEP IT, I WILL HAVE TO MAKE THE MOUNT WORK SO IT WON'T BOUNCE AROUND (CAN'T BE GOOD FOR IT).

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THESE SAME RESULTS? COULD I POSSIBLY HAVE THE WRONG BOX?? I RODE IT FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES, AND IT FELT FINE. IT WAS WEIRD TO NOT BOUNCE OFF THE REV LIMITER IN FIRST GEAR LIKE I USUALLY DO.

ANY THOUGHTS??

alexanderjason are u talking about the rev box that they sell on ebay thats orange? and can u really start it in any gear? how is th eperformance cause i got a hmf fullsystem and uni filter nd i got smaller rear tires so i loss alot of tope end and have bin wanting to buy a rev box to gain some back so how do u like it?
    ''MKF'''miakwadfathers
    mods:
    pro armor v cross bumper in black
    tusk nerf bars
    uni filter
    20 razers on the rear
    22 kenda radial up front
    powermade handgards
    hmf full system in black
    rear wheel spaces
    coming soon:
    rev box, shocks

YES, IT'S LIKE THE ONE'S THEY SELL ON EBAY (BOUGHT MINE FROM AN INDIVIDUAL). IT'S HARD TO SAY IF THERE IS ANY POWER GAIN. HUGE INCREASE IN RPM WHICH COULD BENEFIT YOU IF USED PROPERLY. AND YES, I CAN START IT IN ANY GEAR. NOT SURE IF THAT'S HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE, OR IF MY BOX IS BAD, OR POSSIBLY THE WRONG ONE SINCE MY NEUTRAL LIGHT STAYS ON.

SO FAR I LIKE IT I GUESS. I ONLY HAVE 15-20 MINUTES ON IT. I AM A LITTLE NERVOUS ABOUT THE HIGH REVVING. IF MY BOX IS THE WRONG ONE, OR A BAD ONE, THEN I MAY BE WAY OVER REVVING!!

yea it should be the right one cause it wont fit if its the wrong one, and dont worry u wont blow ur engine for over reving aslong ur not like pinned for more than a couple of minutes u should be fine the stock limiter is set so low it really robs ur bike of so much power thats yi want an aftermarket one
    ''MKF'''miakwadfathers
    mods:
    tusk nerf bars
    uni filter
    20 razers on the rear
    22 kenda radial up front
    powermade handgards
    hmf full system in black
    rear wheel spaces
    coming soon:
    rev box, shocks

ANY IDEAS ON THE NEUTRAL LIGHT??

um,,, lol na not really tape it over so it wont cach ur eye lol or just snip it off i dont really need the neutral light anyways lol i know were neutral is all the way down lol
    ''MKF'''miakwadfathers
    mods:
    tusk nerf bars
    uni filter
    20 razers on the rear
    22 kenda radial up front
    powermade handgards
    hmf full system in black
    rear wheel spaces
    coming soon:
    rev box, shocks

it helps tell me if my key is on
    Brad Harrell #927
    www.oxcracing.com

08 yz250f

how cant u know if ur keys on were did u relocate ur key? and think the ligh wont turn on if the key isnt on lol not trying to be rude if it sounded rude
    ''MKF'''miakwadfathers
    mods:
    tusk nerf bars
    uni filter
    20 razers on the rear
    22 kenda radial up front
    powermade handgards
    hmf full system in black
    rear wheel spaces
    coming soon:
    rev box, shocks

I dont see why you guys are buying rev boxes with stock motors. I can understand it to some degree if you have smaller tires, but the 250's power curve signs off LONG before it hits the rev limiter. rev it past the power curve and you're going to be slower, not faster.
    Respect is earned, never given.

2002 250ex- SOLD.

Creator of the 250EX Performance FAQ. For 250ex headwork and various porting , please email me at flyinryanporting@gmail.com

for me it wil be benificial cause i got the smaller tires and a pipe and the top end kill me and i know wu tu mean but with the hmf wich is more of a top end pipe i feel like i still got some power left when i start to bounce the limiter in 5 gear cause i street ride alot to get ot trails
    ''MKF'''miakwadfathers
    mods:
    tusk nerf bars
    uni filter
    20 razers on the rear
    22 kenda radial up front
    powermade handgards
    hmf full system in black
    rear wheel spaces
    coming soon:
    rev box, shocks