Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rim quandry

Rim quandry

I found out that the DRR rims are going to be some time and now I am faced with a million choices. Here is my situation and questions...please be patient.

My boy is about 85 pounds and likes to jump although rarely above 3-4 feet above the ground. We don't race but he may, but I am not caught up in having to have the best etc.

1. Is douglas blue labels all the way around going to be a mistake? Would they easily bend?

2. Seemingly everyone says the ITP has a better front rim...why?

3. Are the snowhogs a big deal over the stockers on the DRX 90? They seem to handle fine but are they just much heavier?

4. Where does everyone go for the best prices SHIPPED on these size rims?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Was looking at keeping the stock rear tires on and I believe a 8X8 190 rim would work on it although it looks like it would widen the rear a bit with the 3/5 offset. It says it has an 8X7 rim on it which is somewhat of an odd size too. Can anyone tell me the disadvantage of doing this? The front end is considerably wider so the rear could use an inch per side anyway.

Thanks
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

We have been running the blue labels for four years now. Yes we have bent a couple rims. But maybe only 2 or 3 out of over 20+ rims... is not what I would call bad. @ of the rims that flattened was because my oldest son is very abusive and out jumps anyone on a mini in our area, he likes jumping more than racing, and I had the shocks to soft and low air pressure in the tires and everything just bottomed out.

Front: 10 X 6: 3 in 2 out: 19 X 6 Holeshot MXR
    Rear: 8 X 6: 2 in 4 out: 16" Snow Hogs
    Rear: 8 X 6: 2 in 4 out: 18" Snow Hogs
    Rear: 8 X 8: 4 in 4 out: 18" Duro tire modified tread cut

I like the Snowhogs because I can actually play with the tire pressure to get the tire to slip slightly so that the clutch doesn't have to take all of the abuse. The tranny doesn't get as hot and won't fade at the last of the race. It also lowers the center of gravity of the bike for better cornering and definately weighs less.

I use the big Duro tire combo to get the bike up and out of the mud on real bad race days of deep mud.

I get mine through one of our sponsors which is a motorcycle/quad dealership. But just search the usual internet sites for suggestions.

Hope this helps some.

www.recreationtire.com has good prices for the snow hogs $112 forthe 18's and $104 for the 16's.
    Stephen Gruenbacher #22

2005 trx450r
    Curtis sparks full system
    Sparks airbox removal intake
    Hotcam stage 2
    +2 I-shock 3500 chrome a-arms
    Razr mx 18-10-8 on douglas .190
    21-6-10 razr front on stocks
    GBC sand shark F/R on douglas .190's
    Durablue +2.5 rear wheel spacers
    Tusk nerf bars.
    Streamline twist throttle kit
    EBC clutch plates and springs
    DID chain
    Tusk full skid plates
    Wiseco 11-1 piston
    Mx maier front fenders
    motosport black mx bumper
    Fireball racing sway bar
    Pro taper 1 1/8 bars
    Msr brake and clutch levers

Are the snow hogs that much more preferable over the kenda pathfinders that are stock?

Get the Sno Hogs

www.motosport.com

Best prices and free 2 day shipping on orders over $100

They don't carry the snow hogs nor the 8X6 rims

recreation tires is the best place to buy the tires and rims hands down. Go through the site and put your order together then call them and ask if they can take some off shipping and usually they'll take care of you.
    Brandon Waltz #11

Big thanks to Tittle Brothers Racing, RC Motorsports, RK Chains, SixSixOne and WeaponMX.

Brandon's Sponsorhouse

Originally posted by forgiven
    They don't carry the snow hogs nor the 8X6 rims
    I bought the rears from Recreation tire last month. Snowhogs on Douglas blue labels. So I know that they do have it for the rear.

The front rims I bought from Rockymountain ATV. Douglas Red label. It was a little cheaper to buy the fronts from Rockymountain with their free shipping on orders over $100.

http://www.recreationtire.com/e-ton9...l?wt=125&tt=SN
    Raptor 250
    Zachary #80Y

2006 TRX 450ER

911 Motorsports
    GoPro
    DWT
    Oneal MX
    Vertex Pistons

He was referring to motosport not carrying them, not recreation tires.
    Brandon Waltz #11

Big thanks to Tittle Brothers Racing, RC Motorsports, RK Chains, SixSixOne and WeaponMX.

Brandon's Sponsorhouse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast