Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning the chain

Cleaning the chain

What do you guys use to get everything off of your chain. The manual says kerosene, but I don't have that readily available. Is there anything else that works.
    -Kevin-
    GNCC #444
    2013 Junior B Champion

Thanks to my 2014 sponsors:

Lexington Motorsports, MSR, Schaeffer's Racing Oil, WKC Powersports, GT Thunder, Wiseco Pistons, Precision, Spy Optics, Spider Grips, Panda's Powdercoating, Roll Design, IMS, Blingstar

i use a brush and a degreaser then put a ton of lube on it
    2002 400ex BLUE- 04' CRF 450r motor Ecatv conversion

1986 200sx
    2003 rincon
    2004 cr 85 expert

the FARM

well if you are in a pinch you can use gas but i ABSOLUTLY DO NOT RECOMMEND IT.

rocky mountain has a chain scrubber that comes with stuff called sludge away. It works great.

Lightbulb

Remember if you scrub brush to clean the chain, be careful not to reck the o-rings.
    2002 Honda 400ex - 20" Razr2, PRM .190 Engine Skid, PRM Swing Arm Skid, PRM Six-Pack Rack, Twin Air Filter, Renthal RC High Bend, TrailTech Handlebar Clamp, Tag Bumper

yeah i use that **** that QuadMX18 is talking about, it works awesome! my chain looks new, and then when im done with that, i use rolken (called something like that ) and its a full synthetic racing chain lube, works great. very tacky
    Yellow 2001 400ex with the normal goods
    The Beer Prayer
    Our lager, Which art in barrels, Hallowed be thy drink. Thy will be drunk, (I will be drunk), At home as it is in the pub. Give us this day our foamy head, And forgive us our spillages, As we forgive those who spill against us. And lead us not to incarceration, But deliver us from hangovers. For thine is the beer,
    The bitter, and the lager. Barmen.

simple green and i tooth brush then lots of maxima chain wax
    02' yellow 400 ex

Originally posted by honda400exrider
    yeah i use that **** that QuadMX18 is talking about, it works awesome! my chain looks new, and then when im done with that, i use rolken (called something like that ) and its a full synthetic racing chain lube, works great. very tacky
    Yea i like that thing a lot. It definately worth the 20 bucks for the scrubber and the sludge away. And when u run out rocky mountain sells more or u can fill it up with any other cleaner like kerosene.

I used Gunk degreaser, engine brite, it worked good for me! Along w/ the car wash hydro spray, squeaky clean!
    05 Green Kawi P700, Warn 1.5ci, 25" Maxxis Bighorns, Maroon Primary, Black Secondary, NYROC exhaust mod, Twin Air filter, 145/142 jetting, Dyna CDI, Trimmed fenders, Progressive suspension, Z-Lined racks, Powermadd Handguards, Trapper Quad Case storage box

i dont use anything, i just oil it every now and then..... it doesnt matter what i do on the shee chains only last so long on it..has anyone ever broke a front sprockett? not the teeth, i mean the whole thing, mine cracke in 3 the other day..huh to much power i guess...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast