Thread: tl80(jack) have some questions regarding kfx80

tl80(jack) have some questions regarding kfx80

i have a 2004 kfx80 i been reading your comments on them , i have taken out the front 2 rollers, and have a ct racing pipe coming in, when i took off the head i noiticed piston chipped and burnt so iam replacing that also, went to a 51mm wisco piston , bike was stock before this , haveing the head milled .030 and porting the exhaust port 3mm on both sides and the top, also, ordered a #90 jet . i was wondering is there anything u would do or not do, didnt want to get to into it, but u know how that goes, started off changing the spark plug then all hell broke loose,lol, i can give some advice i appreciate it, name is raul,,, thank for the help

also went with the 420 chacin set up , #40 chain with chain tension holder, and boyseen reeds. and k&n airfilter in a stok box , thank if u can help jack (lt80)

also as far as the back three clutch shoes where do u shave them at , and whre do u get the moded springs for the cliutch ? thanks if any one can help

whata re the difference between the color of the clutch springs ?

Hi Raul, I'll try to help.
    CT pipe eh.......
    Why are you going to 51mm and WHY a Weisco piston??
    (50.5 is first bore and get a Zuki piston)

Rear clutch shoes: You take the weight off the end. I cut the end off. You'll cut off about 3/8 inch from the contact pad.
    You are not going to produce enough power (compared to a race motor) thus you will not need springs and springs alone won't work w/o major modification.
    You may need a different torque spring, but we'll see.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

had the cluthc shoes lightened by a shop , and went with weisco beacuse it wsa the easiest to find on the internet,and went with 51mm didnt know that was a big bore from stock , iam learning as i go ,lol , i did order rear tension spring for the clutch from hetricks racing, also later on inthe future might send my motor to u (lt80) just wondering ball park howmuch it usualycost to get engie work done ,if u cant give a price i understand, iam just learning how to work onthese machines, my son is 7 been riding since he was 3 , just got him the lt 80 for christmas , upgrade from a lt50, thanks for the info lt80 any advice helps

also i didnt have the exhaust proted, figure waiton that, wheniam ready to give the motor to u