Thread: Kawasaki Tecate

Kawasaki Tecate

Does anyone own one of these machines.
    I know where i can get a VERY NICE 88 for a good price.
    Are there any major problems with these machines?
    I know they don't handle as well as the 250r but if i do decide not to go up on this deal I know i am missing out.
    The bike is all stock except for rear beadlocks and new tires (not sure what kind).
    I only want it for riding around a few trails on. I know how rare these machines are around here so i pretty much want to keep it out of the mud and water, The main type of riding i want to do are gravel&sand pits and fire roads. (oh yeah and i really wanna rip the $h!t outta my friends stock 400ex on the stright aways.)
    2007 can am outlander 800

buy that mofo asap!

All I know is that if you are interested and can get a descent tecate for a good price is: GO FOR IT. These are very rare quads. They have some problems, but u can get good aftermarket parts to fix anything on it. As far as them compared to a 250R, I think the tecate may handle better than u think. With aftermarket shocks it will even maybe be better than an r.

Good luck
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

If I could find one that was in decent condition, for a decent price, I'd snap it up... For no other reason than they are few + far between.

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

look in ebay- cycletrader

i found a couple in there-
    a very nice one on e-bay- super clean
    all stock but the rear rims and tires' not sure what year though
    oh and the front healight cover was missing n the pic- but it can be replaced- looks ok without it-
    W1DE5PREADPANIC@AOL.COM

TAKE IT FROM A PRO
    ......JUST SAY NO......

Re: Kawasaki Tecate

Originally posted by FreeStylexrider

Are there any major problems with these machines?
    Just make sure you have a lot of Loctite on hand. They vibrate something fierce!
    SMC