42 Pilot
    Pro Taper Grips
    Maxxis Razr Mx Rear
    Douglas rear's

Originally posted by blasterandy
    Nice Teddy.
    Thanks. If you squeeze his pawl He says I love you Paulie
    400 Blaster

I have sanded my parts to 2000 grit paper, then used mother's to polish them. My question is my parts are still a little cloudy will buffing them with a wheel an buffing compound get rid of this? I ordered the harbor freight kit a couple of days ago and I am still waiting on it.

pb_paulie b I saw your quad in the over the bars section in dirtwheels sweet retro
    2007 400ex mods: hmf slip on, fmf head pipe, rev box, hotcam stage 1, filter, no air box lid, jet kit, choke removed, 450r shocks, g-force axle, razr 2s, burgard +2 a-arms, Blazin' a trail

Originally posted by Napalm Nate
    I have sanded my parts to 2000 grit paper, then used mother's to polish them. My question is my parts are still a little cloudy will buffing them with a wheel an buffing compound get rid of this? I ordered the harbor freight kit a couple of days ago and I am still waiting on it.

pb_paulie b I saw your quad in the over the bars section in dirtwheels sweet retro
    Yeah it will clean it up perfect. Skip right to either green or white compound. 2000 is extreme but it will save time on the wheel. I normally go 400 grit max.
    Dirtwheels hooked me up!
    400 Blaster

I might as well keep the thread goin with a set of shocks I restored and polished

Before:

Same shocks done.
    400 Blaster

Question

and what are you going to do with all the parts of this old bike you cleaning up? try and restore it?
    04 Honda 450R- AC Racing-Maier-JB Racing- Hotcams- Pro Design-Moose Racing-SRP- White Brothers

R.I.P Charles Clontz - 1992-2007

Originally posted by hondarider101
    and what are you going to do with all the parts of this old bike you cleaning up? try and restore it?
    That bike is done I took a year or so restoring it. It's still all original- except for things that were gone like the ripped dry rotted seat and the cracked rear rim. It was in such poor condition that some of the spokes were rusted in half.
    400 Blaster

Originally posted by hondarider101
    A finished pic of that bike. I polished the rims, fork tubes, kicker, shifter, CDI box, fork caps, most bolts, brake levers and the springs.

400 Blaster

Originally posted by pb_paulie_b
    A finished pic of that bike. I polished the rims, fork tubes, kicker, shifter, CDI box, fork caps, most bolts, brake levers and the springs.

Show room quality job!
    www.myspace.com/395rider
    www.youtube.com/kingofcrowntown
    www.racetown395.com

Originally posted by pb_paulie_b

Hey Paulie,

When you use the small cone head buffing attachments on a Dremel or drill, can you use the same cone head with different buffing compounds on there? Or do you need to change out each one when you use a different compound. I will be using these to get into the nooks on a 250r engine where I couldn’t reach with the sand paper. I am hoping a black compound will be equivalent to sanding a smooth surface with 800 grit, then work my way down to the green buffing compound.

Please let me know
    www.myspace.com/395rider
    www.youtube.com/kingofcrowntown
    www.racetown395.com

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast