Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2:30 start time

2:30 start time

who in there right mind would want to get there at 7:00 in the morning and not race until 2:30 when they would have a 3 hour ride home that is crazy. we had 5 guys going until we saw that and its the same way at the later date races at least alternate with the bikes

440ex342,

You bring up a valid point on the 2:30 start time. We'll look at the schedule and we will rotate the bikes and the quads depending on the event location.

The schedule for Little Egg Harbor on the April 22 will remain though.

On arriving at 7:00am for a 2:30pm race? That's something you really don't have to do unless you have youth peewee bike riders in your group.

Our recommendation is to try to get to the event at least 2 hours before your start time.

Again thanks for your input, and we will look into adjusting the times.

Dale
    Best Cross Country series in the North Eastern United States:
    http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com
    New Jersey Off-Highway Vehicle Association (NJOHVA):
    http://www.njohva.org

Re: 2:30 start time

Originally posted by 440ex342
    who in there right mind would want to get there at 7:00 in the morning and not race until 2:30 when they would have a 3 hour ride home that is crazy. we had 5 guys going until we saw that and its the same way at the later date races at least alternate with the bikes

lol, i only mentioned this a month ago but when i mentioned it i was blasted. now all of a suddent its a good idea. seems like its hard for some people to make a decision amd stick with it.
    Mx bike: '05 Walsh CRF450
    Xc bike: '06 TRX 450ER

Sponsors:
    Pompton Honda, Fly Racing, Laeger's Racing, Smith Optics, GT Thunder, Renthal, Regina Chains, SixSixOne, Cardio Stack, IMS Products, Twin Air, SunStar, Cycra, Amsoil and L.A. Sleeve
    Race Photos:
    http://www.LouRusso.SmugMug.com

I would feel the same way for going to the further races , i know exactly where he is coming from. This race is pretty close so im not to worried about it but i would hate to race at 2 30 and then have a 3 hour ride home , as in some of these cases seems like close to a 6 hour ride some of the ones in new york seem pretty far . Now that would suck to run at 2 30.
    put it this way....im too fast for you

05 450r - Athena 480 kit with stage 3 cam.
    Two brother full exhaust
    Dominator Axle
    Ac Nerfs
    Tag t2 bars
    Jrd +2 LT A-arms
    PeP LT Suspension with big bottles!
    The rear setup will be coming soon hopefully!!
    \
    08 450r White/kickstart.
    XC setup very soon!
    07 Sponsers
    O'neal/Azonic Riding Apparel
    4 SkinZ Custom Seats
    CardioStack
    BK Performance
    GT Thunder
    Deptford Honda/yamaha

Originally posted by quadgod440ex
    I would feel the same way for going to the further races , i know exactly where he is coming from. This race is pretty close so im not to worried about it but i would hate to race at 2 30 and then have a 3 hour ride home , as in some of these cases seems like close to a 6 hour ride some of the ones in new york seem pretty far . Now that would suck to run at 2 30.
    im guessing you have never raced D-6. Every race the quads start at 2:30 but we dont officialy start till like 3 most of the time.
    Steve #48

2005 450r - In great shape, setup perfect for my riding style

Aim: Sjorge3442
    Email : Sjorge_3442@hotmail.com

Temple University

The WNYOA series is the same way, 2:30 start times. I see where Dale is coming from, one day for volunteers, ambulances and course workers, and if these other series have been doing it for years the AGP can do it too.
    08 DS450X-
    AMA ATV NHS Vet B

2010 Sponsors: Fox Racing Shox - BCS Performance - Phil Coles ATV Fitness Training Programs - DWT Wheels - Oneal MX - SixSixOne - Scott USA - Tag Metals - Inner Cooler - ASV Inventions - Engine Ice - No Toil Filters

Ive raced plenty of d6 races , im not saying that any of the races start times were different. Im just saying that it will suck to have to race at 2 30 and not get done till like 5 30 then waiting for trophys and stuff and having to leave at like 8 and still have to drive like 6 hours . But hey its racing and that is one of the things that if u wanna race you gotta deal with right? Just hoping this series turns out really good. So how many people we got running A class the 22nd? Ill be there #44 on a red 450r , Hope to see ya guys there.

Two brother full exhaust
    Dominator Axle
    Ac Nerfs
    Tag t2 bars
    Jrd +2 LT A-arms
    \
    08 450r White/kickstart.
    XC setup very soon!
    07 Sponsers
    4 SkinZ Custom Seats
    CardioStack
    BK Performance
    GT Thunder
    Deptford Honda/yamaha

i dont know if you guys are unaware or if you have just forgotten, this series was supposed to be started for QUADS and was originally not going to have bikes at all! From what Dale said back when he started this deal was he was doing this so quads had there own series and not getting pushed to the back burner like all the other series around the area. I dont see any reason why a quad rider would rather start at 2:30 instead of 12:30.

Sponsors:
    Pompton Honda, Fly Racing, Laeger's Racing, Smith Optics, GT Thunder, Renthal, Regina Chains, SixSixOne, Cardio Stack, IMS Products, Twin Air, SunStar, Cycra, Amsoil and L.A. Sleeve
    Race Photos:

I havnt raced this series yet or met dale personally , but from what i have read and the rumors ive heard , he has promised alot of things that just happend to fly out the window. 12 30 i would have to say is alot better start time then 2 30. But hey if we wanna run the series i guess we have to abide by the rules right. hope to see alot of you guys out there.

Two brother full exhaust
    Dominator Axle
    Ac Nerfs
    Tag t2 bars
    Jrd +2 LT A-arms
    \
    08 450r White/kickstart.
    XC setup very soon!
    07 Sponsers
    4 SkinZ Custom Seats
    CardioStack
    BK Performance
    GT Thunder
    Deptford Honda/yamaha

Originally posted by quadgod440ex
    I havnt raced this series yet or met dale personally , but from what i have read and the rumors ive heard , he has promised alot of things that just happend to fly out the window. 12 30 i would have to say is alot better start time then 2 30. But hey if we wanna run the series i guess we have to abide by the rules right. hope to see alot of you guys out there.

todays rule is not always tomorrows rule though.

Sponsors:
    Race Photos:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast